UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Pertinax

UK UNRV "Future Campaigns"

Attention! Ghettoblasters at the ready.... Wait for it, wait for it..... PLAY!

Any more UK members as yet not contacted AC or NN please?

G.O. cannot make it. My Lady of the North and My Lord of the Weeds know the reasons in particular. I tried to send My Domina, but she has a trip to Montana with a never beginning nor ending itinerary, to visit mosquitoes, assorted vermin, and varmints. The Augusta was gracious enough to volunteer to partner with Claudia. N.N. was also so gracious as to volunteer to assist me about, but I have no intention of hindering anyone.

You know that I lie an awful lot, but, in truth, I want so much to meet you. If you ever come to NYC, I want to meet up with you. If the Italy 'do' comes to fruition, I'll try to get Claudia to go. This way I'll feel a closer connection with you.

I wish that you Brits would learn to speak English. Wellies? Que?

:rolleyes:

Watch some PBS during the Brit comedy hour...or some BBC America. That'll help you. :rolleyes:

PS: Wellies = galoshes

OK G O...

We'll all get together some day somewhere... possibly in Rome???

Edited by Augustus Caesar

NN has contacted a few more folks in the last week or so but as yet I have had only one further confirmation. If ANYONE else IS coming please let me know because I have to contact hotls shortly seeking accommodation and advice etc on costs.

Either PM me or post here. Thanking you kindly.....

Edited by Augustus Caesar

Sorry I'm so late in replying guy's but I've been having major problems with my PC and haven't been able to get on-line for a few weeks but hopefully it's all sorted now.

I'm definitely still up for it, in fact I can't wait, good work with the itinerary, if everything goes to plan it should be a pretty memorable week-end!

G.O. cannot make it. My Lady of the North and My Lord of the Weeds know the reasons in particular. I tried to send My Domina, but she has a trip to Montana with a never beginning nor ending itinerary, to visit mosquitoes, assorted vermin, and varmints. The Augusta was gracious enough to volunteer to partner with Claudia. N.N. was also so gracious as to volunteer to assist me about, but I have no intention of hindering anyone.

You know that I lie an awful lot, but, in truth, I want so much to meet you. If you ever come to NYC, I want to meet up with you. If the Italy 'do' comes to fruition, I'll try to get Claudia to go. This way I'll feel a closer connection with you.

:)

So you cannot visit and issue edicts and anathemae from your palanquin? We are very keen to see you , and regale you with delicate viands:

http://www.buryblackpuddings.co.uk/

Savoury Ducks? Que? The Lancashiresheer cheese? What is it like? No Spotted Dick, whatever that is? No Queen's Pudding, whatever that is? I guess that I'll have to settle for Kobe Beef.

If Moon(col)lapse ever gets back to me, I'll let all you smilie_flagge3.gif in on what is going on with Cecil, etc.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

And everyone else!!!!!!!

Excellent soundtrack is Gladiator!! We should take a decent sound system on the Wall meet and have it blaring out in the background!!!!

Now that would be quite a sight ! Same would be true of having hit playing loudly in a real amphitheater ( Colonia Augusta Treverorum comes to my mind ) or on the Rhine Limes... You islanders should think to come on the mainland from time to time :)

I thought we did. isn't that usually where we get drunk? :)

Great to have you back GPM... hope the PC is sorted now!! I have added you to my list of certainties and will be posting quite soon for accommodation etc. Those who expressed a 'yes' back a while and who have not been back in touch will need to either contact me asap or sort out a stay for themselves near us in Hexham or wherever we end up!!

Excellent. Now we must all offer sacrifice and libation for clement weather and strong livers. Coventina is particularly appropriate in relation to the River and watercourses in the area, and Cernnunos can be sensed in the dark, rich wild landscape.

It's not looking good as far as getting several folks intoone place in Hexham for a couple of nights. These two dates of 28 and 29 Sept have been fully booked up for a while by all accounts so far. I have been in touch with a few places and it seems this part of the mid country is extremely popular at the end of September for some reason!!

Anyway, we may have to revise the accommodation slightly and maybe even stay nearer to Newcastle and travel by car westward on the days of our tour. This is a pain for travelling but will not hinder the schedule on the Wall in any way. Couldthose of you who will be coming PLEASE tell me if you are bringing a car and if you don't mind carrying a few passengers along the way each of th two mornings and later for return to the hotel/b&b?

It is getting critically close now to have this waiting so I really do need to get moving. The only other alternative is for each member to book their own places to stay but as far as that goes we may find complications for those without transport along the Wall. They would need picking up along the way and if we cannot recognise you we may have a spot of bother.

So, suggestions anybody?

May I suggest what Pantagathus and I did when we met. I had a picture of my car up in the Gallery (along with the license plate). He told me where he was at. We exchanged our Roman names to make sure, and took it from there. Make sure that the drivers know how to get from where to where.