UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raise your glasses to the Doc

I've been raising my glass to the Doc all last night in the Imaginary Party, but I'm game for partying anywhere else.

Hey Doc! What are your academic colors? I shall weave for you a virtual stola and palla of the finest silk, to complement the crown of laurel that I placed on your head yesterday.

Congratulations, PhD person! :thumbsup:

-- Nephele

Thank you all...yep, it's a reality. Well, I have a 90-day extension for revisions, but it's true. I passed my defense *does the dance*

It hasn't sunken in yet in general...and will take a while to do so. In consulting work, I will have zero problem being called 'Dr. Harmon'...but elsewhere...eh. I'm still Sarah...that's never going to change. But I guess I do have to change my checks and email signatures lol

I have no idea what the robe colors are! As much as I love the University of Texas, I'm seriously hoping it's not burnt orange and white (the school colors).

You know, when I was a kid, my dad used to say glibly that he wanted a doctor, a dentist and a lawyer in the family (there are 3 of us bratty kids)...well, he got a doctor; it's his fault he didn't specify an MD!

Bad case of loving you! Doctor Doctor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjSjmw_7uIE

congratulations!

Yes - let me add my public congrats to you, Doc. I'm sure the revisions are just for form's sake - doesn't everyone go through that? This calls for immediate action in the Imaginary Party... We have a celebrity among us!

Once again, well done. And you'll always be 'our' Doc, and much loved and appreciated in our little community here. Thanks for all you do on the Forum.

:thumbsup:

Yes - let me add my public congrats to you, Doc. I'm sure the revisions are just for form's sake - doesn't everyone go through that?

Kinda, yes. "In theory" one's corrections should take a week; if need be an extension can be given, a one-time 90-day extension, to make deeper ewvisions. So I have 6 weeks to actually make my revisions, send them to my supervisor in Europe, and hope for the best!