UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Book wishlists on Amazon: What are you waiting for?

Divi Filius

Oof...I purposely stay off of Blackwells, lest I get into more trouble. As it is I have about 4 pages on Amazon of various stuff, everything from CDs to linguistics books to Spanish-language literature (it's cheaper to go through Amazon than it is Gredos, Catedra and others...) to anything else that catches my eye.

A snapshot...

The World of Odysseus (New York Review Books Classics Series) - M.I. Finley

Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor - Joseph Campbell

Seagoing Ships & Seamanship in the Bronze Age Levant - Shelley Wachsmann

A Phoenician-Punic Grammar (Handbook of Oriental Studies/Handbuch Der Orientalistik) - Charles R. Krahmalkov

Food, Cookery, and Dining in Ancient Times: Alexis Soyer's Pantropheon - Alexis Soyer

The Trojan Epic: Posthomerica (Johns Hopkins New Translations from Antiquity) - Quintus of Smyrna (Author), Alan James (Editor)

The Edges of the Earth in Ancient Thought - James S. Romm

In Search of the Indo-Europeans: Language, Archaeology, and Myth - J. P. Mallory

The Archaeology Of Iberia: The Dynamics of Change (Theoretical Archaeology Group) - M. DiAz-Andreu

The Origins of Complex Societies in Late Prehistoric Iberia (Archaeological Series ; 8) - Katina T. Lillios

The Beginnings of Rome: Italy From the Bronze Age to the Punic Wars - Tim Cornell

Greek Mysteries: The Archaeology of Ancient Greek Secret Cults - M. Cosmopoulos

The Archaeology Of Early Rome and Latium - Ross R Holloway

Social Struggles in Archaic Rome: New Perspectives on the Conflict of the Orders - Tim Cornell

Geometric Greece: 900-700 B.C. - J.N Coldstream

Greek Identity in the Western Mediterranean: Papers in Honour of Brian Shefton (Mnemosyne, Bibliotheca Classica Batava Supplementum) - Brian B. Shefton (Editor), Kathryn Lomas (Editor)

Lefkandi II: The Protogeometric Building at Toumba the Excavation of the Building , Its Architecture and Finds - M. R. Popham

How to Kill a Dragon: Aspects of Indo-European Poetics - Calvert Watkins

I actually have a number of wishlists for a variety of topics. The Three main ones are the Classical History one, followed by:

All Things War

World Wars

But I was just concerned with the classical here. Nevertheless, many of the others on your list are enticing.

Edited by Divi Filius