UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Primus Pilus

Rome Total War

I bought the pre-order for the PC game Rome: Total War yesterday. I believe its due on the shelves on September 23. The pre-order came with a DVD showing the complete game trailer and some other walk through stuff. I don't know why I bought the pre-order, as I never do that, but hell, this is Rome :D. All I can say is, when it arrives, this game will keep me busy. I hope my content writing doesn't suffer for a while :lol:

To let everybody know, the history channel is doing a program about this game. yes about a game. the show is called Decisive Battles and they are using Rome Total War to actually recreate the battle and help explain it. imagine how incredibly awesome this show will be.

One of them already aired. The Battle of Cannae pitting Hannibal against the Romans in one of the greatest defeats in Roman military history. It was well done, but really think other forms of animation could paint a much better picture. The graphics are great for a video game, but for a television documentary, they are a bit lacking.

Just my opinion. Still damn nice exposure for the total war developers.

Hehe, saw the series a few months ago on BBC. I think it is great entertainment. I'm looking forward to this game too ... but I do hope the system requirements don't spoil the fun, even though I have AMD XP 2600+ and a midrange graphics card, especially when talking about multiplayer battles. I'll be happy if I can play singleplayer though.

- JUG

Man, I won't get a chance to play this, as my comp wouldn't be able to handle it. ;)

I was pretty impressed with the show on Cannae, and will most certainly be anxiously awaiting the next show(I pretty sure I missed one while I was in Florida last week though).

i saw them both, the did his 3 battles with darius for the persian empire. pretty good as well.

by the way, i've bought the pre order the other day and like with primus this is also my first pre order game. but i didnt get a trailor cd or anything like that, all i got was a dumb map and 2 coupons.

I have seen both of the episodes so far, Cannae (Hannibal) and Guagemela (Alexander). If you are not able to view Decisive Battles on TV (as I am not) You can download the full episodes from the Total War Center. http://www.totalwarcenter.com/ On a side note I am also looking forward to this game! I have started a clan for it infact ;) Please swing by and visit our forums even if you are not interested in joining :) Link: Celtic Total War

PS: my name in the Total War Community is Fian

Strange, in the UK you can pre-order Rome: Total War at Amazon, but not in the US,

Isn't it usually the other way round?

I think I'll wait a year or two and maybe this game will decrease in price from a ludicrous $50. I would like to have it, though. It's as close to the Roman army as I'll ever get. ;-)

This is possibly the best game I have ever played! It has a few minor glitches yet to be worked out, the biggest being Mulitplayer not working for many people, but that's gamespy's fault. Besides that it's very easy to get into this game and lose yourself for a few hours.