UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Infuriated!

I just spent a couple of hours writing a story for my blog. When I went to 'post' it, I got the dumb message: 'An error has occurred.' The whole thing went poof! It has been happening to me ever since the 'new and improved ' Forum has been set up. I am really ticked off! What's wrong? Most of the smilies are gone. That's OK; I probably overused them. Now I have 'Friends'. I know who my 'Friends' are! I don't need a list. Or, is it meant that one has enemies on the Forum? I don't have enemies on this Forum. It's like American cars; the damned engineers never drive the cars (or care) before they let them loose on the road.

Do any of you have problems like this? Or is it just me?

It's not my computer. It's the damned idiot produced program that has gone idiot. And it's not Mr. Scotch.

What, of any real value, has the 'new improved' idiocy added to the Forum?

I've had similar problems on other forums, so if I'm planning some lengthy posting I always write it in Microsoft Word first, and then copy and paste it into the forum box for posting. I do that everywhere as a rule of thumb, not just here.

I've noticed that if you have more than one window open on this site, you're likely to get the error message upon attempting to post. Eh, I'm not really bothered by it. And, now that I know, I don't open up more than one window anymore. Sorry you lost your blog entry, G.O.

-- Nephele

I've noticed that if you have more than one window open on this site, you're likely to get the error message upon attempting to post.

I had that happen to me today, actually. Something about validation errors.

But aside from that, I haven't noticed any major problems. I like the new set-up and the new look.

Click 'Back'. It will remember what you just typed.

I did that. That's when it disappeared.

Obviously, I am not the only one. It's a problem and should be fixed.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I used to get that problem a lot when the site was first updated but Moon sorted it out for me and I haven't had it since (touch wood)

Whenever you click 'back' when you have the error occurred problem you are always left with a blank screen, I've had it many a time, it's pretty frustrating.

I've had similar problems on other forums, so if I'm planning some lengthy posting I always write it in Microsoft Word first, and then copy and paste it into the forum box for posting. I do that everywhere as a rule of thumb, not just here.

Smart arse! B)

Smart arse! B)

Yup! That's me! :)

-- Nephele

I agree that Invision leaves much to be desired in regards to its stability. The catch is, they don't distribute security patches for older versions - the 'solution' is to upgrade. I could ramble on for a while about their security patch screwup which allowed a script kiddie to deface the forums.

It is actually a feature not a bug B) , whenever you have more then one window open of the forum this will happen for security reasons, cause all is cookie driven, so when you pop up a new window while typing you get a new cookie, erasing the old one (the one you are typing in), however whenever this happens to me, it always saves the html code so you should be able to copy and paste it...

cheers

viggen