UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
aiden12

What's the last book you read?

Reading the new book by Dario Battaglia "De Rebus Gladiatoriis" in Italian. I have a review copy of it and want to write a review for Ancient Warfare.

I am currently reading 'The Latter Days At Colditz' by Patrick Read. It is a brilliant book about the escapes of Colditz, and the life and lifestyle was in the castle. I definitely recommend it to everyone who is interested in a original prisoner escape book, which is written by a very good author with a good sense of humor.

I haven't read a book cover to cover since December. But this summer I am going to make some time for a few books here and there.

The Silver Pigs by Linsey Davis. I surprisingly like the book, as it offers a change from Roman legionary stories. I like a bit of variety.

Did you purchase the book or find it available at a library? I printed out the list of Davis' books and had planned to seek them out in the order published, but haven't gotten the chance. Hopefully, the library can find some for me.

The Silver Pigs by Linsey Davis. I surprisingly like the book, as it offers a change from Roman legionary stories. I like a bit of variety.

Did you purchase the book or find it available at a library? I printed out the list of Davis' books and had planned to seek them out in the order published, but haven't gotten the chance. Hopefully, the library can find some for me.

I bought it over in Germany, but I only read it since I got back.

Have you read any of the series?

I bought it over in Germany, but I only read it since I got back.

Have you read any of the series?

No, not yet.

Over the holiday weekend I was able to skim a book on the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright. Beautiful.

I just finished reading De Bello Lemures, Or the Roman War Against the Zombies of Armorica by Thomas Brookside. It's a very entertaining alternate history in the clothes of a translated document. Pretty short but still highly recommended. One of the most entertaining fiction novels I've read in a while. Also a must if you're a fan of books like World War Z.

I just finished reading De Bello Lemures, Or the Roman War Against the Zombies of Armorica by Thomas Brookside. It's a very entertaining alternate history in the clothes of a translated document. Pretty short but still highly recommended. One of the most entertaining fiction novels I've read in a while. Also a must if you're a fan of books like World War Z.

What is it about, exactly?

De Bello Lemures, Or The Roman War Against the Zombies of Armorica

A recovered Latin text tells the story of a struggle between Roman legionaries and the undead in 185 AD.

Lucius Artorius Castus leads an expedition to Gaul to defeat a rebellion against the rule of the Emperor Commodus - and gets more than he bargained for when his enemies rise from the dead to fight again. The power of the zombie horde is amplified by the Babel of Ancient Rome's religions and superstitions, and the terror the undead bring in their wake foreshadows the incipient medieval darkness already creeping into the world at the end of Rome's Antonine age. Richly annotated, this mashup of survival horror and alternate history takes the reader on a bracing journey into one of ancient Rome's dark corners.

A recovered Latin text tells the story of a struggle between Roman legionaries and the undead in 185 AD.

Lucius Artorius Castus leads an expedition to Gaul to defeat a rebellion against the rule of the Emperor Commodus - and gets more than he bargained for when his enemies rise from the dead to fight again. The power of the zombie horde is amplified by the Babel of Ancient Rome's religions and superstitions, and the terror the undead bring in their wake foreshadows the incipient medieval darkness already creeping into the world at the end of Rome's Antonine age. Richly annotated, this mashup of survival horror and alternate history takes the reader on a bracing journey into one of ancient Rome's dark corners.

Ha ha, that book actually sounds like it is worth a read. I must look out for it.

'Diary of a Nobody' by the Grossmith brothers. The central character is so like my Dad!

Hmmm .... a fiction book I might actually read.

I am currently reading 'The Latter Days At Colditz' by Patrick Read. It is a brilliant book about the escapes of Colditz,

You might also like an Italian POW escape book "No Picnic on Mount Kenya: A Daring Escape, A Perilous Climb" which also covers lengthy preparation of ice climbing equipment, etc in secrecy from the Brit jailers. Freedom was too far away to strive for, so they just wanted a several day climb and return to camp. More understandable if you have been there and stared at the big ice cream cone of an isolated Mt Kenya or Kilimanjaro defying the warm equatorial plain.