UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Ursus

Mythological Personality test

Your result for The Greek Mythology Personality Test ...

Prometheus

0% Extroversion, 67% Intuition, 44% Emotiveness, 33% Perceptiveness

You are most like Prometheus, and you probably knew that before you even took this test. You probably aren't deliberately altruistic, but you still tend to do things that benefit everyone, even at great expense to your health and personal relationships. You aren't ruled by your emotions, but you still have a strong sense of justice. You make good descisions, but they can sometimes backfire (and this isn't due to a flaw in your reasoning, but due to faulty premises instead).

You are very reasonable, you understand systems, you can quickly pinpoint flaws and you know how to correct them. You pride understanding and knowledge above everything else, and your greatest fear is to appear to be incompetent. You tend to be contemptuous of authority, but you don't accept leadership roles yourself until everyone else has demonstrated their own incompetence.

You've built a very specific skill set. You know exactly where your strengths and weaknesses are, and you pride yourself on this kind of self-knowledge. You distrust tradition, which you see as arbitrary, and you rely instead on your own judgements. You also pride yourself on your pragmatism. You're also a very private person.

Most of all, people think you're arrogant, but screw them! They're the ones who benefit from your ideas and discoveries, and if they took the time to understand why it is that you say and think the things you do, they'd realize that you only appear arrogant because you are exactingly precise when it comes to your area of specification, and most of all because, when you don't know something, you don't have an opinion about it (unlike most of the loudmouths that you have to deal with on a day-to-day basis).

Relationships are your kryptonite. It isn't that you don't want them -- in fact, you would very much like a very close relationship with someone who understands you. They're just the one thing in the world that you're naturally bad at.

Famous people like you: Niels Bohr, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Werner Heisenberg, Issac Newton, John Maynard Keynes, Erwin Schrodinger

Stay Clear of: Apollo, Icarus, Hermes, Aphrodite

Seek out: Atlas, The Oracle, Daedalus

hmmm not sure what to think about that one....

"Niels Bohr, J. Robert Oppenheimer"

So, you are making atomic bombs?

I'm Orpheus

0% Extroversion, 80% Intuition, 72% Emotiveness, 100% Perceptiveness

Spot on! Poor thin-skinned creature that I am... ;)

Mine was:

The Oracle

0% Extroversion, 100% Intuition, 0% Emotiveness, 67% Perceptiveness

Heuristic, detached, and analytical to a fualt, you are most like The Oracle. You are able to tackle any subject with a fine toothed comb, and you possess an ability to pinpoint nuances and shades of meaning that other people do not have and cannot understand. Accomplishment and realization of ideas are, for you, secondary to the rigorous exploration of ideas and questions -- you are, first and foremost, a theorist. You hate authority, convention, tradition, and under no circumstances do you accept a leadership role (although, you will gladly advise leadership when they're going astray, whether they want you to or not). Abstraction and generalities are your interests, details and particulars are usually inconsequential and uninteresting. You excel at language, mathematics and philosophy.

You are typically easy-going and non-confrontational until someone violates one of the very few principles that you deem sacred, at which point you can fly into a rage. Although you possess a much greater understanding of process and systems than the people around you, you are always conscious of the possibility that you've missed something or made a mistake. You don't tend to become attached to particular theories, and will immediately discard mistaken notions once they're revealed to be incorrect (but you don't tolerate iconoclasts who try to discredit validated theories through the use of fallacies and bad data). Despite being outwardly humble, you probably think of yourself as being smarter than most other people. That's because you are. In fact, in your dealings with people your understanding of their motives is so expansive that you know what they're going to say before they say it, and in world affairs, you usually know what is going to take place before it actually does. This ability would make you unbeatable in debates if only you were a little less pensive about your own conclusions, and a little more outgoing.

Famous people like you: Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, Thomas Jefferson, John McWhorter, Ramanujan, Marie Curie, Kurt Godel

Stay clear of: Apollo, Icarus, Hermes, Aphrodite

Seek out: Atlas, Prometheus, Daedalus

It's funny that, in the first sentence, it says I'm analytic to a fault. And, scanning over it, I noticed--and scoffed--that fault was spelled incorrectly.

It's funny that, in the first sentence, it says I'm analytic to a fault. And, scanning over it, I noticed--and scoffed--that fault was spelled incorrectly.

Back in July of '07 when I took this test and discovered I was "The Oracle," I couldn't bear to see that "fualt." Looking back at my old posting in this thread, I see that I had gone back in and edited that misspelled word within three minutes of doing the cut'n'paste. :)

-- Nephele

Back in July of '07 when I took this test and discovered I was "The Oracle," I couldn't bear to see that "fualt." Looking back at my old posting in this thread, I see that I had gone back in and edited that misspelled word within three minutes of doing the cut'n'paste. :)

-- Nephele

Of course they put that 'fualt' in there on purpose, so you suckers for this kind of 'personality tests' can feel very smug and 'analytical'.

And then just a few lines further on they tell you that to you ...

.... details and particulars are usually inconsequential and uninteresting ....

It's not like they are not covering all bases.

.... you probably think of yourself as being smarter than most other people ....

Hmm, what are the chances of that ?

.... That's because you are ....

Of course you are, you are the smartest person in the world, and the most artistic, and the most atractive, remember ?

.... This ability would make you unbeatable in debates if only you were a little less pensive about your own conclusions, and a little more outgoing ....

Yes, if only .... *sigh*

F :) rm :) sus

Formosus' Personality Test

1.Do you like doing personality tests ?

2.Do you think that women like doing personality tests better than men ?

3.How many personality tests do you do on average each week ?

4.Do you discuss the results of your personality tests with others who also did them ?

5.Are you in general pleased with what personality tests reveal about your personality ?

6.Would you have no idea who you really were, if not for personality tests ?

Results :

How many questions have you answered ? (What you have answered is completely irrelevant, we just want the number.)

Of course they put that 'fualt' in there on purpose, so you suckers for this kind of 'personality tests' can feel very smug and 'analytical'.

And then just a few lines further on they tell you that to you ...

.... details and particulars are usually inconsequential and uninteresting ....

It's not like they are not covering all bases.

.... you probably think of yourself as being smarter than most other people ....

Hmm, what are the chances of that ?

.... That's because you are ....

Of course you are, you are the smartest person in the world, and the most artistic, and the most atractive, remember ?

.... This ability would make you unbeatable in debates if only you were a little less pensive about your own conclusions, and a little more outgoing ....

Yes, if only .... *sigh*

F :) rm :) sus

Note how, despite the fact that they don't tell anything that would bring anybody to say : 'No, that's not me', they use the conditional all the time : just in case you are that one person that doesn't think (s)he is smarter than average.

But be assured, there is only one thing that they are absolutely certain about, and that is that you are smarter than average. Well, of course, the fact that you did take this test, proves it, doesn't it ?

*sigh*

F :D rm :rolleyes: sus

Back in July of '07 when I took this test and discovered I was "The Oracle," I couldn't bear to see that "fualt." Looking back at my old posting in this thread, I see that I had gone back in and edited that misspelled word within three minutes of doing the cut'n'paste. :D

-- Nephele

Ouch. That's harsh. I didn't take this test seriously; I was bored, at work, and thought, 'what the hell. I have nothing better to do.'

Ouch. That's harsh. I didn't take this test seriously; I was bored, at work, and thought, 'what the hell. I have nothing better to do.'

There's always Solitaire. :D

Formosus

This is me. I agree with all of this...I actually do compare myself to others and try to live up to their expectations and I do like seeing people punished if they do wrong.

Nemesis

0% Extroversion, 67% Intuition, 56% Emotiveness, 29% Perceptiveness

You are a normally quiet person with very strong convictions and a marked activist streak. You have a clearly defined sense of right and wrong, and you like seeing people punished for their transgressions. You are Nemesis, goddess of punishment. You are a champion for the defenseless, you love poetic justice and, if karmic retribution doesn't have its say, then you'll have yours. You are astute, rarely fooled, and idealistic.

Your defining characteristic is your internal and inflexible system of morals. Because of your highly intuitive nature, you possess the theoretical nature required to define those morals, but you sometimes lack the ability to verbalize and expound on them, especially on the more nuanced parts of your worldview. Regardless, you have strong instincts which often prove to be correct, and rather than preaching, you act on them. You don't compromise -- ever.

You can sometimes be a person of great internal stress. You don't have double standards, and so you expect the same of yourself as you expect of others. You might find, sometimes, that you have just as hard of a time in living up to those expectations as the people around you. As a result, you are rarely at peace with yourself, but you're also likely to think of this in a positive light -- you're always forcing yourself to improve, and you avoid making mistakes.

You tend to be a private person, and don't like to talk much about those staunch morals of yours until, that is, they become violated. Once that happens, everyone is going to know exactly where you stand. You have a distaste of nihilism and intellectual relativism that will make you naturally compatible with scientists and certain kinds of philosophers, even if they don't share your activist streak.

Famous People like you: Goethe, Voltaire, Susan B. Anthony, Robert Burns

Similar Personality Types: Prometheus, The Oracle, Hermes, Orpheus

Avoid: Icarus, Dionysus, Agamemnon, Atlas

You may or may not be able to get along with an Odysseus -- it will depend on his/her upbringing.

Edited by Centurion-Macro