UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Holy Mastadon! Giant Tusks Unearthed

Researchers in northern Greece have uncovered two massive tusks of a prehistoric mastodon that roamed Europe more than two million years ago

I think Caldrail's "big elephant thingies " is the most accurate scientific statement on this thread.

However I have to ask as to the bio-engineered capabilities of said BET's...you know , laser cannons, gatling implants, excessive oestrogen, violent mood swings, irrational consumption of chocolate...

I think Caldrail's "big elephant thingies " is the most accurate scientific statement on this thread.

However I have to ask as to the bio-engineered capabilities of said BET's...you know , laser cannons, gatling implants, excessive oestrogen, violent mood swings, irrational consumption of chocolate...

I think the fundamental issue here is whether you should offer a pre-emptive apology for, or rather take personal pride in, the possibility that your cyborg descendants will reconstitute these big elephant thingies and outfit them with these enhancements.

Salve, guys!

The link goes to the same story as it was reported by National Geographic.

The main conclusion:

"Comparing the new genome with that of other animals in the elephant family also provides evidence that the elephant family diverged on roughly the same timeline that primates separated, suggesting there may have been a common cause for the splits"

Elephants, Human Ancestors Evolved in Synch, DNA Reveals

Good luck!