UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

HBO's Rome Wine Stopper

For anyone living in the U.S. or Canada, if you're planning to purchase the Second Season DVD boxed set of HBO's Rome, get to your local Best Buy store early this Tuesday. Best Buy will be giving away a minimum of 10 Rome wine stoppers at each store. Here's what the freebie wine stopper looks like:

f_070805_romewine_03.jpg

I think you can also pre-order your boxed set online from Best Buy, and they say they'll send a Rome wine stopper "while supplies last". But if you've really got to have this wine stopper, I think you may have a better chance by going directly to the store on Tuesday. That's how I got my freebie deck of Deadwood playing cards, when I bought the Deadwood boxed set from Best Buy.

Best Buy prices for the Second Season of Rome are $49.99 (in the U.S.) and $69.99 (in Canada).

-- Nephele

As Homer (Simpson ) would say "me wanteee" . Another must-have consumerist gewgaw.Is it specially adapted for poisoning your enemies wine or something useful like that?

Is it specially adapted for poisoning your enemies wine or something useful like that?

I don't know about poisoning wine, but I imagine an HBO Rome stoppered bottle would have to go well with cheese.

-- Nephele

I just want the bottle stopper... not the Season 2 DVD. I'm watching Ebay.

Im afraid I feel the same way. Still owning the stopper , whilst viewing the machinations of Augustus would perhaps make guests suffer a frisson of terror as regards the wine they were consuming.

Just for anyone interested in the quality of this wine stopper... I picked up mine this morning. It's a hefty piece of metal (gold in color) on top, with genuine cork for the stopper. The word "ROME" is in raised lettering on both sides. Quite a nice collectible! Which I intend to put to good use with a nice bottle of wine tonight.

-- Nephele

i got mine this morning too. It's a pretty neat thing to have.

i got mine this morning too. It's a pretty neat thing to have.

I was away for a while and didn't see this in time. Picked up my box set on Ebay... Paid $ 3.00 more than Amazon (with Amazon free shipping) - not a bad deal as I get the wine stopper for $ 3.00 !

I think it will be a cool thing to use at my next party.

I hope the DVD's extras are worth it.... Season 1 was overall much better than Season 2 as far as the episodes are concerned - the writing was better, as also the direction. Season 2 was very choppy.