UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Scenes from I, Claudius

The Augusta

Right Asclepiades - I've had just about enough of you... :lol:;)

You have 2 minutes - without looking at the DVDs to give me Livia's first word in the entire series!

(Hehe - this is fun!)

Salve, Lady A!

It took me more than two minutes, so I failed.

I guess it was "Thallus".

Cheers & have fun!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. This is very cool! I have a question. Claudius's daughter Octavia says one line in the whole felm. I think you're very kind, but is she in any other parts of the felm? And here's my quote. "Have you found it mother? Oh, what is it?" "It looks like a history." "Of what?" "Of our family." "Does it mention me? Where does it begin?" "The death of his last wife, Messalina." "Oh, that should be interesting. What's it say about me?" "Would you be quiet! How can I tell if you keep talking to me?"

Okay. This is very cool! I have a question. Claudius's daughter Octavia says one line in the whole felm. I think you're very kind, but is she in any other parts of the felm? And here's my quote. "Have you found it mother? Oh, what is it?" "It looks like a history." "Of what?" "Of our family." "Does it mention me? Where does it begin?" "The death of his last wife, Messalina." "Oh, that should be interesting. What's it say about me?" "Would you be quiet! How can I tell if you keep talking to me?"

Salve, Lady CO!

Your quotation is a conversation between Nero (he began) and Agrippina Minor when they found his manuscript next to his death (?) body, at the beginning of the XIIIth and last episode, "Old King Log".

Cheers & have fun!

Edited by ASCLEPIADES

Asclepiades - either you are as mad as me, or you've been watching the DVDs constantly :)

Right, mate - I'll get ya! What colour loin cloth is Augustus wearing at the Games in 23BC...

(No - that one was a joke - honest! :lol: )

But chew over this one for a while:

What scene begins with:

"Well, well, well...what have we here - tourists?"

And give me the actor's name (not the character's)

:)

Easy!!! The loincloth was speckled grey! I spilled some paint on it that morning and didn't have a clean one!! ;)

The scene is where Augustus visits Postumus on his small island and Postumus greets him with that line. The actor is John Castle. Augustus, as we all know is the excellent Brian Blessed!

OK, another one...

When Claudius attends the games for the first time who offers him a handkerchief?

I don't know if anybody else notices little mistakes in a film or T.V. programme that, for one reason or another, were left in the final edit?. :oops:

For example there's a bit in "I, Claudius" that I don't think was meant to be seen.

After Sejanus has come back from visiting Tiberius at Capri, he is talking to Livilla about marrying her daughter Helen, and Livilla has a goblet of wine in her hand. Anyway, she goes to put it down on the table but misses at first, then tries again. :wine:

There's another bit when Sejanus is talking to a senator, and just a split second before Castor enters the room, you can see the actor giving Patrick Stewart his cue to turn around. :pokey:

Right Asclepiades - I've had just about enough of you... :pokey::oops:

You have 2 minutes - without looking at the DVDs to give me Livia's first word in the entire series!

(Hehe - this is fun!)

Salve, Lady A!

It took me more than two minutes, so I failed.

I guess it was "Thallus".

Cheers & have fun!

Hi, again, my oracle... Nope - but I'll put you out of your misery. Her first word is actually 'Wonderful' in a sarcastic tone. :wine:

Now, not a quote, but a question: Who had everyone heard of? (This one might keep you busy for an hour or two - I hope)

Here's a good one, mind you, it might be a bit vague.

Pallas once gave someone this advice "What can a dead man do?. Go and get buried", but who was he talking to?.

Salve, DN!

I guess that would be Narcissus.

No, it's not Narcissus. Now this is going to bug me - but I won't look at the DVDs. All I can say off the top of my head, Drusus, is that the actor is George Innes and he plays a captain of the Praetorian Guard and he has just embroiled himself with the business of Messallina and Silius. He wishes to alert Claudius to what is going on (if I remember rightly) but Pallas won't let him because Pallas wants to use the treasonable marriage to get rid of Messallina. Something along those lines....

No, it's not Narcissus. Now this is going to bug me - but I won't look at the DVDs. All I can say off the top of my head, Drusus, is that the actor is George Innes and he plays a captain of the Praetorian Guard and he has just embroiled himself with the business of Messallina and Silius. He wishes to alert Claudius to what is going on (if I remember rightly) but Pallas won't let him because Pallas wants to use the treasonable marriage to get rid of Messallina. Something along those lines....

Salve, Lady N!

Of course you're right. The name of the aforementioned character was Quintus Justus.

Cheers & have fun!

What was the announcement Caligula had just made when he gave Cassius the password for the night as "Bottoms up!"?

BTW.. it WAS Postumus and Herod who offered their handkerchiefs to Claudius.