UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Mr. Bean's Holiday

I love Rowan Atkinson.

And I hate Mr. Bean.

I don't know what it is, but I never like the series, and couldn't bear watching the first movie. But just about anything else he does, I love it.

I didn't like the movie as it was completely different from the series.

I loved the ones where he doesen't talk and always does everything the hard way. Like when he wanted a phone and saw that the only phone that was working was the one on display. He opened all the boxes and when he saw it had no pulse he decided to take the one on display instead. :lol:

I love Rowan Atkinson.

And I hate Mr. Bean.

I don't know what it is, but I never like the series, and couldn't bear watching the first movie. But just about anything else he does, I love it.

It really warms me to hear an American say that.

I love Rowan Atkinson.

And I hate Mr. Bean.

It really warms me to hear an American say that.

Why do you say that?

Oh Lordy...I was pretty much raised on any sitcom that was on PBS, which were mostly from the 70s and 80s: Fawlty Towers; Are You Being Served?; Yes, Minister; Keeping Up Appearances; The Last of the Summer Wine. Later, once Comedy Central came around, they got the first rights to Absolutely Fabulous, which I loved. Between PBS and BBC America (which offers mostly Channel 4 and ITV stuff, oddly enough) I've watched every episode of The Office, Father Ted, Men Behaving Badly and Coupling, and am now watching My Family (it's pretty good, but does have off spots) and finally get both Jeeves and Wooster and A Bit of Fry and Laurie. I started watching The Fast Show (which BBC America renamed "Brilliant!"), but had to leave the world of digital cable for a bit, which meant no more BBC America; they've now put Little Britain on at a time that I can't watch it, so I'm currently missing that, although I'm going to try to get it through NetFlix. I wish I got more of them!

Edited by docoflove1974

• 1 month later...

My absolute favorite Brit sitcom, that I can watch over and over and it still absolutely creases me: "Steptoe & Son".

-- Nephele

I just got the BlackAdder (the first) on DVD through Netflix yesterday, and started watching it again...I forgot how almost imbecilic Rowan Atkinson played him at first! I still like 2 and 3 best, but oh how I miss it at all!

Oh Lordy...I was pretty much raised on any sitcom that was on PBS, which were mostly from the 70s and 80s: Fawlty Towers; Are You Being Served?; Yes, Minister; Keeping Up Appearances; The Last of the Summer Wine. Later, once Comedy Central came around, they got the first rights to Absolutely Fabulous, which I loved. Between PBS and BBC America (which offers mostly Channel 4 and ITV stuff, oddly enough) I've watched every episode of The Office, Father Ted, Men Behaving Badly and Coupling, and am now watching My Family (it's pretty good, but does have off spots) and finally get both Jeeves and Wooster and A Bit of Fry and Laurie. I started watching The Fast Show (which BBC America renamed "Brilliant!"), but had to leave the world of digital cable for a bit, which meant no more BBC America; they've now put Little Britain on at a time that I can't watch it, so I'm currently missing that, although I'm going to try to get it through NetFlix. I wish I got more of them!

You seem to have mentioned all the classic British sitcom's apart from one and in my opinion the greatest one ever.......Only Fools and Horses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLYvSWJUBb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcW-IrZe6aI...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSmSTpRUeLs...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJV79ZvUisg...ted&search=

Pure class!