UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Legal and Institutional Chronology of the Roman Republic

Primus Pilus

If you are interested in linking like this, I would be more than willing to help getting specific links for you (I am always looking for side projects!) Let me know!

Yes, I believe that will work just fine. Feel free to post whatever links you can work up. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have someone double check my references anyway. Referencing some of Cicero's works can be a bit confusing because of the multiple layers.

Salve, PP.

I think that in UNRV's chapter of "The Roman Twelve Tables of Law", the provision about the insanes (Si furiosus escit, adgnatum gentiliumque in eo pecuniaque eius potestas esto / "If one is mad but has no guardian, the power over him and his money shall belong to his agnates and the members of his gens") is misplaced on table IV, sec. 4; it should be on Table V, sec. 2.

Salve, PP.

I think that in UNRV's chapter of "The Roman Twelve Tables of Law", the provision about the insanes (Si furiosus escit, adgnatum gentiliumque in eo pecuniaque eius potestas esto / "If one is mad but has no guardian, the power over him and his money shall belong to his agnates and the members of his gens") is misplaced on table IV, sec. 4; it should be on Table V, sec. 2.

On further review, it should actually be V.7 I believe. Thanks for the correction though.

• 2 months later...

An important addition might be made: Rogatio Ius Honorum, 63.

From Dio 37.25.3:

For the tribunes united with Antonius, the consul, who was very much like themselves in character, and one of them supported for office the sons of those exiled by Sulla, while a second wished to grant to Publius Paetus and to Cornelius Sulla, who had been convicted with him, the right to be members of the senate and to hold office

Cicero also spoke on behalf of the bill. (Cic:Att 2.1'3, +:Pis 4; Plin:HN 7'117).