UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
CiceroD

Short Earth Creationism

One thing that puzzles me about creationism is, that they insist on rigerous scientific process when it comes to theories they feel attack their beliefs ( for example, ointing out gaps in an otherwise continuous fossil record ) yet they do not apply the same intellectual criticism of their own beliefs.

Another thing that puzzles me about creationists. Given the massive amount of evidence as seen on science V. Creationism websites, it would appear that most creationists do not have spellcheck on their computers. That is only a theory, though - maybe they are just thick!

Edited by Northern Neil

Guest Iulis Mascellus

Wow...maybe I should move on before I get my head bitten off...

Anyway, I'm not an atheist...yes I do have a spellcheck, try not to paz owt. (ha)

As for creationism...I like to try and avoid each side extreme of the argument...saying that the Bible offers the 100% legitimate and factual version...unfortunately many Christians of all denominations do. (but not as many as you'd think) A lot of us take it with a grain of salt. If God created the earth before the sun...how do we know he did it in 1 day? <_< Go figure. Sure some Christians will violently oppose the atheist view of things, but their not the only ones... (i.e. Spanish Revolution)

Anyway, I figure the Bible can't be read literally, and I'm sure I'll get jumped all over and harassed for that statement by both Christians and atheists, but hey, if the conservative Christians don't use their spellcheck and the atheists don't feel so superior that they give me the standard "you're dumb" argument, we might have a legitimate discussion here

I find some of the "you're stupid and I'm going to tell so" arguments on both sides of the fence...I see a lot of similarities in today's politics, you can't be too democrat or too republican...bi-partisan, yeah, that'll work... :ph34r: