UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moonlapse

Server Changes

Not really a problem, but just wondering anyhow: What happened to the link at the bottom of the page, that you could click on to see what topics members were currently viewing on the board? I used to get clued in to a lot of old threads that way, that I might have otherwise missed.

-- Nephele

Edited by Nephele

We've been putting a little too much load on the server lately, so I cut things down as much as possible. Since this isn't the first time someone has mentioned the absence of this feature, I'll re-enable it.

Moonlapse:

I'm curious why it always shows a couple of hundred "guests" browsing the boards? Do you truly have that much traffic here?

Moonlapse:

I'm curious why it always shows a couple of hundred "guests" browsing the boards? Do you truly have that much traffic here?

Yes. Google a subject on ancient Rome and 8 times out of 10 UNRV will be close to the top of the page, after wikipedia. Wikipedia often sites UNRV as a source.

Thanks for re-enabling that feature, Moonlapse! :lightbulb:

G-Manicus, in addition to what P.Clodius wrote, I believe a number of educators and Romanophiles also have links to this site on their own websites.. I found UNRV linked at Roman History Books and More, for instance. And then we have members talking up UNRV to friends all the time. I know I'm always doing that.

Hey, here's something I've wondered about... How come no one has yet written up a Wikipedia article on UNRV?

-- Nephele

Thanks, folks. Interesting. I also assume that's why Google and Yahoo come up all over the place as well as folks are reading the sight through their search windows.

Thanks, folks. Interesting. I also assume that's why Google and Yahoo come up all over the place as well as folks are reading the sight through their search windows.

Nope, those are search engine bots crawling the forum for new pages to index.

Nope, those are search engine bots crawling the forum for new pages to index.

Ah, gracias. Those are some pretty active bots they got there! LOL!