UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
G-Manicus

G-Man and PP discuss football

10-4 on Matt Millen. It's amazing he's held onto that job as long as he has. He must have naked photos of William Clay Ford or something.

That's the sad part, there's no explanation other than that Ford's just an idiot.

My Niners...my lowly Niners...We knew that the 2-0 start was a fluke, given the fact that the 2 wins were by the skin of the skin of their teeth. Now we're seeing the Niners for what they are...yucky.

But, hey, we can be better than the Same Ol' Sorry A$$ Rams :thumbsup:

My Niners...my lowly Niners...We knew that the 2-0 start was a fluke, given the fact that the 2 wins were by the skin of the skin of their teeth. Now we're seeing the Niners for what they are...yucky.

Alex Smith really is fairly disappointing. At least he's playing and learning though, unlike the other guy you could've grabbed (Aaron Rodgers) who seemingly will be sitting behind Favre for another several seasons.

Seriously...he was doing better last year under Norv Turner's tutelage; Hostetter is killing him. I'd say "at least we have Trent Dilfer to back us up," but who knows how long he'll last on his legs, instead of being on his back.

And the damn Raiders won, too...man, this sucks.

Paging Mr. Dilfer ... Mr. Trent Dilfer ... please pick up the white courtesy phone ...

Smith Suffers Shoulder Injury

ESPN.com reports San Francisco 49ers QB Alex D. Smith (shoulder) suffered either a second or third degree shoulder separation during the team's Week 4 game, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. A third degree shoulder separation would likely require surgery which would most likely end Smith's season.

Interestingly, they're saying here that surgery may not be involved. However, Thursday the assessment will be made. This week we play the "Bal-tee-more Birdies" (Myron Cope rules; Steeler-land was blessed), and then have a bye...so we might be ok. Well, if ok equal sub-.500 again.

The Giants and the Dolphins are to have at each other in the London Stadium this weekend. :)

The next Super Bowl: The Yorkshire Puddings vs The Cheshire Puddy Cats! ;)

flush rimflour and o.j. simpleson will announce the game. :)

B)

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Nov 18 is fast approaching... prepare for the Ford Field spank down G-Man!

Holy crap... it's been a very, very, very long time, since any Lions fan had even a remote opportunity to act even slightly cocky. However, I am also painfully aware that we still need to play such playoff contenders as the Giants, Dallas and Green Bay at home as well as San Diego & Green Bay on the road.

Regardless, we are enjoying this while it lasts. :)

Nov 18 is fast approaching... prepare for the Ford Field spank down G-Man!

Holy crap... it's been a very, very, very long time, since any Lions fan had even a remote opportunity to act even slightly cocky. However, I am also painfully aware that we still need to play such playoff contenders as the Giants, Dallas and Green Bay at home as well as San Diego & Green Bay on the road.

Regardless, we are enjoying this while it lasts. :rolleyes:

Hopefully my G Men don't have a repeat of last years 2nd half ... after starting 6-2, we finished 2-6 to limp into the playoffs. We're breaking out the red jerseys for the Cowboys this week. How odd ... "Big Blue" dressed in red. *sigh*

Steelers for the Superbowl baby!

They looked pretty impressive on Monday Night!

G-Man...don't even start to complain. My Niners haven't won since the 2nd week of the season...and our star RB is now gimpy. There are those who are calling the hangman's call for Coach Nolan. I say it's not completely his fault...but there's blame to go around. Starting with our Offensive Coordinator, who is truly offensive....

I really don't see why you bother. The Pats are going to take the Big Prize - again. :angry:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Which would make the city of San Mateo, California quite pleased (cuz Tommy's our boy). It'd be better if he was playing for the Niners...but oh well. Perhaps not...he'd probably be smushed flatter than a pancake if he was here.

Which would make the city of San Mateo, California quite pleased (cuz Tommy's our boy). It'd be better if he was playing for the Niners...but oh well. Perhaps not...he'd probably be smushed flatter than a pancake if he was here.

It's unfortunately starting to look like A. Smith is a flop much like Harrington was in Detroit. I suppose he's not terrible, but when guys are picked that high in the draft, the expectations are certainly higher. We know alot about busted draft picks here :rolleyes:

J. Harrington

C. Rogers

M. Williams

and those are just the 1st rounders...