UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
G-Manicus

G-Man and PP discuss football

Well, I don't think he was a total flop...just that he's shellshocked (irreparably) and having such an atrocious line hasn't helped. The influence of Norv Turner cannot be understated, either; Smith was doing well under his tutelage, as well as the rest of the offense...and the Yorks just simply wouldn't offer anything to keep him here. *BLEEEP* morons.

* Man Utd 4-0 Dynamo Kiev *

Man Utd qualify for the Champions League knockout phase with an easy win against Dynamo Kiev.

Full story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/sport1/hi/fo...ope/7076590.stm

The Augusta's ruffians were very cruel to those nice Ukranians! :ph34r:

:ph34r:

I really don't see why you bother. The Pats are going to take the Big Prize - again. :ph34r:

I'd love to see how the Steelers react when they go up to New England. We usually play better when no one gives us a chance and if there's team that can take more motivation out of being disrespected then the Patriots, it's the Steelers.

With the Colts, Pats, and Steelers looking like powerhoused it'll be a very interesting playoff in the AFC this year the NFC well...

Here we go, Primus ... the G Men against the Lions. The mafia has installed NY as a 3 point road favorite. If I were a betting man I'd take the points.

Here we go, Primus ... the G Men against the Lions. The mafia has installed NY as a 3 point road favorite. If I were a betting man I'd take the points.

It's a shame that Kitna blows. ;)

Um...dude...you got things better than we do. I know our record says "2-8," but honest to God we should be just like the Dolfins: 0-10. We couldn't even beat the sorry ass Rams. At home. Jeeeeeeeeeez...

Um...dude...you got things better than we do. I know our record says "2-8," but honest to God we should be just like the Dolfins: 0-10. We couldn't even beat the sorry ass Rams. At home. Jeeeeeeeeeez...

And to make it worse .... the Patriots have your 1st round pick next year. ;)

Costly win for the Giants. Mathias Kiwanuka broke his leg on the 1st series and is done for the year. He is a potential superstar in the making. Also, couldn't believe the roughing the passer penalty they called on Tuck in the 4th quarter. I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? KITNA WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THROWING THE BALL!!"

What a completely wacky ending to the Ravens / Browns game (actually the end of regulation). You'll never see that again in your life where a FG attempt hits the upright and then bounces down and hits the stanchion holding the crossbar and then bounces back onto the field. Holy crap!

Even though I lost Adrian Peterson on my fantasy team, picking up Chester Taylor off waivers proved to be a nice move. :D Actually, what's it matter who I have? All's I need is Tom Brady. ;)

Bump.

:D

It's not that I thought the Cowboys were as good as most people claimed, despite only dominating a very weak NFC, but I just didn't see Manning being able to not screw up. The Giants defense seems to be really turning into a force to watch, though. The championship game should be interesting.

Eh, that was the one 'upset' I had predicted. The Giants have been playing too well as of late, and I really thought that the Cowboys have been overrated all year. San Diego over the Colts I didn't see coming at all...I'm shocked. But, man, that SD @ NE game is going to be rough....

I'm hoping this will be the scene come February 3rd ...

amdelimanning2ay7.jpg

(Caption: Hey Tiki! Kiss my ***!)

I love New York captions.

I remember the one with Omar Jacobs running and under it, it said, "Running the bally anyone can do it." :huh:

A lot of my Giant fan brethren are nervous that the famed SI jinx will kick in because of this:

amd_si_cover.jpg

(Brett Favre was on the cover last week btw and we saw how THAT worked out for him! LOL!)

Screw that! We're a team of destiny! We are jinx proof!

I predict that this is the cover of the NY Post on 2/4/08:

11936606032230ye5.jpg

What is the point of all this twaddle? The Giants will collapse like a cheap camera. Frankly, I don't see any reason for the Super Bowl. Just give it to the Pats, and not disgrace the other people. I'll be back to gloat. :)