UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
G-Manicus

G-Man and PP discuss football

Actually, I see one of two things happening:

1) The Giants that have appeared recently is the team that shows up in Glendale, AZ, and then it will be a close game (one which I think the Pats will win, but I wouldn't wager on it)--good game to watch.

OR

2) The Giants of old show up, and it's a total blow out. Tommy has a career year, rivaling that of Steve Young in 1995, and Eli will suck his thumb along the way--BAD game.

There are too many variables here, but the Pats *should* win...but I wouldn't put money on it.

I think it's a toss up. The Patriots stopped blowing people out 2 months ago and actually struggled down the stretch (hanging on for dear life vs the Ravens, Eagles, Jets, and Giants ... not too mention last week vs SD). The Giants meanwhile are peaking at the perfect time. The so called "conventional wisdom" is that if you give Bill Belichick 2 weeks to prepare, then he'll beat anyone. Well, he had 2 weeks to prepare for each of their previous 3 Super Bowls ... and they won them by a combined total of 9 points.

I expect a close a game again this time around as well. One that is completely undecided entering the 4th quarter. The key in my mind will be getting pressure on Brady early and not allowing NE to jump out to a big lead early on. If that happens, I can see the wheels coming off the Giant bus and we're looking at a blowout. If the game is competitive after the 1st quarter, I fully expect it to go down to the wire. And if that happens, it could be one for the ages as both Brady and Manning have shown an extraordinary ability throughout their careers to come up big with the game on the line.

With my Giants homer hat firmly in place I'm predicting the following:

Giants - 27

Patriots - 23

Get a grip! The Pats will be back up to the 40's and those other people will be back down to the teens! :lol:;)

:)

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country, He began by flying to

San Francisco and started working east from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photos and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read, "Calls $10,000 a minute."

Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to god.

The author thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to visit churches in various large cities across the country, he found more phones with the same sign and the same answer.

His final stop was in a church in Boston Mass. There he also found the same type of golden phone with a sign that read "Calls 35 cents,"

It surprised him and then he asked to speak to the pastor and told him in each city he visited he found the same gold fone but it could

be used for a $10,000 call only. He said your sign is for 35 cents only...... Why?????

The pastor , smiling, replied,"Son, you're in Boston, Mass., home of the Patriots, The Boston Red Sox, The Celtics, The Bruins, and Boston College. You're in God's Country. It's a local call"

GO PATS GO

The G-Man:

"Super Bowl XLII

Fox - 6:30 pm

The NY Giants defeated by the NE Patriots to become Super Bowl chumps." :lol:

:blink:

That, my friends, was one damn good game.

The Pats didn't get set right all night...the Giants D seriously got under their skin. And Eli...wow, he's looking more and more like his brother. You know that Peyton was pretty happy with this...if he couldn't go to and win the SB, at least his younger brother did. And was an MVP.

Damn...great game.

That was easily the most thrilling moment of my entire life.

GO is eating Buffalo crow wings. He congratulates the Giants and their fans - in particular the G-Man. (He, who isn't gloating, as I would have.)

We'll be seeing that play forever where Eli broke free from a sure sack and then heaved it downfield to Tyree who made what I think will come to be viewed as the greatest catch in SB history.

Yup!

How the blazes did Eli ever get out of that passel of Pats to make that pass?! I guess that there was only one way that play was going to be stopped - shootin' irons! That 'fumble' between Eli's legs!

The football gods were with the Giants all day.

First the Yanks; now the Pats! The world is coming to an end!

:thumbsup:

Hey Tiki ...

c20913085gy6.png

Edited by G-Manicus

Now GO feels how I felt when the Steelers lost to the Jags it feels bad I know. :)

Congrats to G-Man and the GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG-Men, P-P I know how it feels! ^_^

Best Superbowl I've seen, I'm going to have to say it beats out Rams vs Titans.

This will make you happy, you delinquent Arab. I had a cramp between my left thumb and fore finger throughout the second half. Kicked the cat out of the window. All better. :)

:)

I stopped up till 3am to watch yesterdays Superbowl and I've got say that I'm so glad I did, What a game! and what a finish! That's got to go down as one of the most dramatic endings to a game in history. How the hell Eli Peyton managed to wriggle out of an almost certain sack and produce a play like that I'll never know. It was like something you see in the movies.

I'm glad the Giants won because there was two Brits in the team! :)