UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
G-Manicus

G-Man and PP discuss football

How the hell Eli Peyton managed to wriggle out of an almost certain sack and produce a play like that I'll never know.

hehehehe Eli Manning...younger brother of Peyton Manning...Great slip-up!

Are we actually discussing football here? It seems that the game under discussion is something we call Rugby, although we play it without defensive armour and helmets.

Are we actually discussing football here? It seems that the game under discussion is something we call Rugby, although we play it without defensive armour and helmets.

Wise guy!

Wise guy!

:) mind you, our ancestors also fought without defensive armour and helmets. And look where it got us! (Maybe the addition of Scuta and Gladii would make your game even MORE interesting?!)

Not only with no helmets and no pads, but with massive cleats (we call them sprigs or spikes) that we use to maim and disfigure. ALL BLACKS UBER ALLES.

Not only with no helmets and no pads, but with massive cleats (we call them sprigs or spikes) that we use to maim and disfigure. ALL BLACKS RULE.

Rugby? I understand that brains are not a requirement for the game.

:)

Some would say the same for American Football :)

Rugby? I understand that brains are not a requirement for the game.

:)

Brains not required. Nuts essential.

So, why is NYC giving a ticker tape parade for the New Jersey Giants? Shouldn't Rutherford, N.J., be doing that? :wacko::whistling::lol:

:(

How the hell Eli Peyton managed to wriggle out of an almost certain sack and produce a play like that I'll never know.

hehehehe Eli Manning...younger brother of Peyton Manning...Great slip-up!

:wacko:

Give me a break Doc!

I was tired for god's sake! I'd been up half the night watching the bloody game! :whistling::lol:

I just saw the game, damn great one. I've had a hard time finding the games but wow...

It felt like the Giants day from the beginning thou, even if it was really really hard to sit still in the end.

I gotta follow the next season better!

005br7.jpg

So, why is NYC giving a ticker tape parade for the New Jersey Giants? Shouldn't Rutherford, N.J., be doing that? :wacko::whistling::lol:

:(

I'm thousands of miles away with the bare minimum knowledge of your game, but even I can hear the scrape of a thousand New York flick knives being sharpened for your skinning.

Re the England vs Ireland game: I could have stopped the first England goal in my wheel chair.

Now for some questions:

'Off sides'. Does that mean that there has to be one defensive player plus the goalie beyond any offensive player at the time of the pass?

When does a 'yellow card' become a 'red card' in play?

Is it a 3rd yellow that becomes a red?

How many 'changes' can a team have?

What does 'U 21' mean?

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius