UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

G-Man and PP discuss football

G-Manicus

'Off sides'. Does that mean that there has to be one defensive player plus the goalie beyond any offensive player at the time of the pass?

I believe so, yes (now if someone could explain offsides in hockey for me, I'd be appreciative!)

When does a 'yellow card' become a 'red card' in play?

Is it a 3rd yellow that becomes a red?

2nd...although if a player makes an especially eggregious foul, there can be a red given (well, yellow and red at the same time).

How many 'changes' can a team have?

Not so much changes...but I think it's usually 2 or 3 substitute players per match. And I want to say that it depends on the league/tournament.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the England vs Ireland game: I could have stopped the first England goal in my wheel chair.

Now for some questions:

'Off sides'. Does that mean that there has to be one defensive player plus the goalie beyond any offensive player at the time of the pass?

Thats near enough correct Cecil. Take a look HERE for a full explanation.

When does a 'yellow card' become a 'red card' in play?

Is it a 3rd yellow that becomes a red?

Doc got it right, 2 yellows = a red, which means you are sent off for the remainder of the game and banned for the next game or maybe the next 2 or 3 games depending on the seriousness of the offence.

How many 'changes' can a team have?

Each team can make upto 3 substitutions per game.

What does 'U 21' mean?

Under 21's (years old) i.e. it's basically the juniors, they are all proffessionals playing at the top level in the domestic league, but are just on the fringes of playing for the first team at international level.

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

So now the Superbowl is over and done with, what is the Pro Bowl? How many "Bowls" are there? Didn't Vince McMahon of WWF fame start his own league? How does that stack up against the NFL?

The Pro Bowl is like the All-Star game...but at the end of the season, and always played in Hawaii. It's largely a joke, as well as a way for players to earn more money; often in the contracts one earns money for being honored and also for playing.

Yes, XFL was a total bust by Vince McMahon; I don't think it went into a second season. Honestly, I tried to watch a couple of games, and it never appealed to me as a football fan. The play wasn't as good as the Arena League, and it had a 'sensationalist' feeling.