UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Where Would You Like To Live?

If you had a choice and you have billions where would you live????  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a choice and you have billions where would you live????

• Europe
    • America
    • Canada
    • Areas in South America,
    • Areas in Africa
    • Areas in Asia
    • Australia
    • Japan
    • China

Simple, I would move back to Ireland! I've been away from home for 6 years now, and I'm still bloody homesick!

Simple, I would move back to Ireland! I've been away from home for 6 years now, and I'm still bloody homesick!

Gods! I want to live there so bad to.......Lynch if you don't mind could you explain it a little bit to me I want to become a citizen there an live the Irish way its always been my main dream. I am an American.

Whats good about Ireland and whats bad??? And don't say the weather I love wet and cold. ;)

Sorry about spelling

Zeke

If I had to live somewheres else, it would have to be Rome, Paris, Athens or Rhodes. I have been to all 4 and if I could, I would have a home in each!

Rome beacause its, well, Rome! I've been to Rome and that city is like walking into a living museum, all the buildings of the past, present and future are all blended together with some even being built into each other. The roads can be very confusing though :) .

Paris because of my heritage as part of the French Nobility and all the museums there. I love the sidewalk cafes there as well, something they need more of in the US!

Athens is another city like Rome that is a living museum. The city is clean and even the sidwalks(in the parts I went to anyways) were made of marble, though Rome had some like that as well. The Greeks are friendly and their music beautiful. They have wonderul districts that are nothing but shopping! This city, though old, has the feel of being young and vibrant!

Rhodes is yes another living museum. It combines the history that I enjoy with wonderful beaches and scenery along with a great climate. When you come into the harbor, the first thing you notice is the massive city walls. There is little development outside the walls, so it adds to the historical value. When you enter the city through the gates, the roads are paved with cobblestones and the buildings old. I haven't been to the modern part of Rhodes, but I imagine that it is not like this. The old city though is fun to walk through and really sends you into a time warp.

i love Barcelona,its a vibrant,healthy beautiful place.i like the medievil walls and town houses built out of solid granite 4feet thick.allso Gaudi,s architecture is amazing.i live in uk so im luckier than u american guys,u can fly to barcelona for

When i say luckier,i mean with regards to uks closeness to european citys.. :P

This should answer all your questions Zeke

Irish Department of Foreign Affairs

Oasis - Moving to Ireland

Now onto the second part of your post, whats good and whats bad. In a nutshell, jobs can be hard to come by in some counties. I myself lived in Armagh, which is in Northern Ireland (I have Irish and British Citizenship) Ended up moving to Canada in 1998 after I was injured in the Omagh Bombing. So that's a downside if you choose to live anywhere near Ulster, not so much anymore, just around marching season, and especially easter. However if you do choose to live in Ulster, I recommend Belfast, it's pretty cheap as far as flats go and there are plenty of jobs. I also lived all over the Republic, Galway, Limerick, Cork, Donegal. One place you want to avoid is Tipperary, never for any reason go to Tipperary, EVER! Now onto whats good about living in Ireland, hard to describe I guess, it's just completely different than North America, more substance everywhere you go, more interesting places and people. Whatever it is about it, it's hard to leave when I go back for visits every year, It's the most beautiful place on earth, everything about it makes me feel good. I would recommend taking a trip there before deciding to move, make some friends if possible, there are alot of jobs if you are qualified, especially in the hotel/resteraunt/pub business. Booming market right now for that kind of stuff. After I graduate from the Canadian Military College I'll be moving back, and seeking out a career in either the Irish Defence Force or the Garda.

Though I would love to live in Europe (I live in Ireland for 3 months one summer), I really would love to live in Brazil. My parents are planning on moving there and I'm hoping to jump down there once I finish my last semester of college to try to see if I can get a job teaching English or Latin down there.

I was born in the States, and I'll die in the States.

I have to say, that I wouldn't mind having a second home in Rome or Canada.

But first and foremost I'll always be Australian. Born one, raised one and will die one, right in Australia.

It's just where my heart is.

I have to say, that I wouldn't mind having a second home in Rome or Canada.

Rome I understand, just by the nature of this site's subject matter, but I'm really curious why an Australian would have an affinity to Canada. Anything in particular that really intrigues you?

I'm with paolo, America for me. Im lacking any foreign language (save some Spanish i picked up from listening to Mexicans), and why would i want to go north to America Jr.? ;)

Just kidding Canadians, i love your country. Its so clean! Well, atleast from what i saw. (Some small border towns and Quebec City)

I would like to live in Northern Spain, in the Basque land where my ancestors are from (my last name is directly Latin derived). I am though an American cowboy.

well im pretty happy In England as things stand, but if i had the chance to live anywhere in the world i would choose Canada. For one i know the form of government is somewhat similar to what we have in England, with it being something of a welfare state. Plus English is one of its main Languages so i wouldnt have many problems getting by in that way.

And i like the great outdoors, and if there is one thing canada has a lot of its space.

Ya I reckon Canada would be a nice place to live.

Rome I understand, just by the nature of this site's subject matter, but I'm really curious why an Australian would have an affinity to Canada.  Anything in particular that really intrigues you?

I've seen shows on Canada, and it just seems like it can be a nice, clean, peaceful part of the world. Of course, though, every country has it's holes.

Friends who have been there loved it. People were nice. As one fellow who comes from the Commonwealth also said, it's got a similar form of government, as well as similar history in many respects as other nations including Australia. So it's not as hard to understand or even relate to the society. Could be good for the home sickness :)

By the way. Sorry about not replying sooner. Started back on the 10th, and just on my weekend now.