UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Europa Barbarorum 1.0 released!

Caius_Julius_Cato

• 2 months later...

The mod is incredibly detailed. Unfortunately, I lost my interest in RTW about 5-6 months ago and found it difficult to get back into, but the changes are amazing. The crew did their best to implement a far more historical economy, units, buildings, etc.

I really like it, however, it is far more difficult to expand now.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly for me Europa Barbarorum just won't work. I've heard it's been reviewed in some major PC gaming magazines. One magazine callled it the greatest computer gaming MOD ever made, and they also praised it as being far more in depth and playable than any other Total War game - even the ones designed by the Creative Assembly.

Hopefully, one day I'll get a PC that'll be advanced enough to play it.

• 3 weeks later...
Sadly for me Europa Barbarorum just won't work. I've heard it's been reviewed in some major PC gaming magazines. One magazine callled it the greatest computer gaming MOD ever made, and they also praised it as being far more in depth and playable than any other Total War game - even the ones designed by the Creative Assembly.

Hopefully, one day I'll get a PC that'll be advanced enough to play it.

I finally got around to downloading this and playing around with it over the weekend. I found it to be much too bulky and slow for my taste. While the detail is impressive, the size of the map and the decision making of the AI seems to be overwhelming for all but top end machines. Simply speaking, I don't like waiting several minutes for the AI to finish each strategic round.

Besides, the updated engine and look of Medieval Total War II is more appealing to me. However, I do believe the EB people are transferring this mod to that engine now.

• 2 months later...
Besides, the updated engine and look of Medieval Total War II is more appealing to me. However, I do believe the EB people are transferring this mod to that engine now.

You are right, they are making a Europa Barbarorum MOD for Medieval II: Total War. I tried downloading EB for my new PC and it still won't work. It just doesn't seem to like Windows Vista. Instead I've been playing Medieval II: Total War and it's a brilliant game. Hopefully after they have completed Empire: Total War (the next game in the series), the Creative Assembly will spend a few years on designing a Rome 2: Total War. That would be worth seeing!

EB just does not start. I'll have to reinstall RTW without BI but now I'm in the middle of a campaign with franks so it will have to wait. Also I want to put first the mod that allows to play the locked BI factions including the romano-british.

My computer does not makes the recquirements for Medieval II and I'm not going to buy a new one just for this game.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

this is the most amazing game i ever played and the version 2 is out now this is a must for every roman history fanatics.This is the most realistic and accurate and balanced among all RTW mods.

anyway this my campaign being played on medium/medium difficulty

203 bc i just got my first marian cohorts after capturing 90 settlements.

hht.jpg

fast forward 180 bc gauls, germans, and the ptolomies are wiped out and the british celts are down to one city.

31721123.jpg