UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pompeius magnus

Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician by A. Everitt

Upon reading this biographical type book I thought I would write a review about the book and what my thought on this book were. Well here we go.

Cicero: Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician

Lets start things off with a brief synopsis of the book contents. In a nut shell the book is a chronological outlook on the life of Cicero, from his days as a pupil, to his dominance in the courts, to his controversial speeches, and his end at the hands of Anthony's goonies. The author seems to be very biases in Cicero's favor, so the way he writes about Cicero may be in question but that is what history is all about, creating your own interpretations on historical facts...

...read the full review of Cicero, The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician by Anthony Everitt

• Like 1

Absolutly. I'm also in the midst of reading The Beginnings of Rome by T.J. Cornell and would be happy to do a review of that book if one has not been done already.

Exellent pompeius, no The Beginnings of Rome has not been done yet, and your Cicero review will be online tomorrow! :(

...this review has now been updated to the new layout! :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Map of the Roman Empire