UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

I will not come since I have no way to guarantee that I will have neither time nor and most importantly money.

My aim will have to be for a later meeting. :P

I'm going to give it my best shot...now that the dollar is so weak, my limited budget might not be able to sustain it. The other possible 'spanner' in the monkeyworks is that if I start a new full-time position, I might need to be doing activities for that. But I'm gonna try...is there a way that I can say 'yes' now and back out if need be? (It really depends on how much money I can save up, and whether I will need to be elsewhere at that time.)

Klingan... don't worry about anything. If you can make a future meeting then that's fine. The last thing we want is for folk to have no enjoyment out of any meeting because they have been left really short. We look forward to meeting you at a later date then...

docoflove1974... You may do exactly that. If you can make it then that's fantastic. I will pencil you in adn work around your choice as a 'maybe'... always being conscious that one extra place may be required in a hotel. I do not aim to make this an expensive trip for anyone when they arrive. It will be bad enough for anyone paying to travel. The hotel will not be expensive either. That would be a fruitless exercise. We are not doing this for the hotel industry to stay afloat but merely to enjoy Hadrians Wall. So if you do make it then that's brilliant. If not, then the same goes as above for Klingan.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Sounds great, AC. Thanks for making this as flexible as possible!

No problem at all doc... just go and make some extra cents or dollars by playing a tambourine in Central Park or somewhere... :wine: Only kidding!!

If you do make it we'll make you feel especially welcome... :ph34r:

OK guys and gals - to keep this as simple as possible for the old lady, please could I ask that everyone who definitely wants to come PMs me before the end of next week (Friday, 18th January) and lets me know also if they are willing to share rooms.

We will go for the Jesmond Park Hotel again unless anyone has any specific objections.

As for Doc being pencilled in now and maybe having to cancel later - this will be no problem, as the hotel does operate a 48 hour cancellation policy and I can always telephone them up to such a time with any cancellations without incurring a penalty.

But can I just add my personal regrets that Klingan won't be joining us. Hope to see you soon, Klings.

Edited by The Augusta

OK guys and gals - to keep this as simple as possible for the old lady, please could I ask that everyone who definitely wants to come PMs me before the end of next week (Friday, 18th January) and lets me know also if they are willing to share rooms.

We will go for the Jesmond Park Hotel again unless anyone has any specific objections.

OK - it is now 24th January and apart from Doc, no one has PM'd with a definite yes or no. Do I take it that no one is coming? Or would you like a bit longer to think about things?

Many thanks everyone.

Count me in.

OK - it is now 24th January and apart from Doc, no one has PM'd with a definite yes or no. Do I take it that no one is coming? Or would you like a bit longer to think about things?

Many thanks everyone.

Sorry Augusta, I must have missed your last post.

Count me in too.

Hello everyone, are we still marching North?

Hello everyone, are we still marching North?

Good question Pertinax!

It all seems to have gone quiet on the Northern Frontier. Has anyone heard anything from Augustus Caesar lately?

I'm still up for it.

Ive been otherwise engaged myself, but im still ok for the trip.

Sadly, I'm going to have to pull out. Work reasons, mostly...my teaching schedule runs through the end of July. Sorry, guys...I gave it a shot!

Sadly, I'm going to have to pull out. Work reasons, mostly...my teaching schedule runs through the end of July. Sorry, guys...I gave it a shot!

That's a shame Doc but nevermind, maybe next time!

Have PM from The Augusta saying "meeting is on" so thats good news.