UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Lost book of Nostradamus

Viggen

A mysterious book of cryptic prophecies has been discovered at the National Library in Rome, and there is evidence to suggest that it is the final work of the most famous and controversial prophet in the history of the world, Nostradamus. Even more startling than the discovery of the book, though, are the warnings it contains, which were so blasphemous and frightening in their time that they may have been intentionally suppressed until now.

In the Lost Book, there are images that strongly hint at future trouble for the Catholic Church, and even one image that appears to portray an assassination attempt on one of the modern era's most beloved popes. There are other images that are said to depict World War I and II, and political movements such as Communism and Fascism. Current global conflicts are also presaged, including the rise of fundamentalism, in particular the current surge of radical Islam.

Are the current headlines in the newspapers, on issues like terrorism, global warming, and a resurgence of deadly disease and natural disasters, bearing witness to the last days? And do other cultures and writings around the world, including the Holy Bible, arrive at a similar conclusion to what Nostradamus suggests?

The answers are in LOST BOOK OF NOSTRADAMUS.

A brand-new special examines the life’s work of Nostradamus and the evidence and contents of this startling discovery in LOST BOOK OF NOSTRADAMUS, premiering Sunday, October 28th at 9:00pm ET/PT on The History Channel

Seriously, has anyone ever read the actual quatrains? For those that haven't, please allow me to present an overview. They are a collection of disjointed and completely generic statements with absolutely no basis for being applied to actual events. Sure there is the supposed notion that he made things obscure in order to protect himself from overzealous christian loons, but how on earth can anyone rightfully claim to be able to decipher this garbage. Nostradumbass indeed!

Per this site... http://www.getodd.com/stuf/nostradamus.html, it's the quatrain of the day for 18 Oct. 2007.

"One day the two great leaders will become friends

In the path of the hollow mountains

The twelve red ones will spoil the cover

For a long time peace will be maintained for them"

I know what it means... but do you???

Seriously, has anyone ever read the actual quatrains? For those that haven't, please allow me to present an overview. They are a collection of disjointed and completely generic statements with absolutely no basis for being applied to actual events. Sure there is the supposed notion that he made things obscure in order to protect himself from overzealous christian loons, but how on earth can anyone rightfully claim to be able to decipher this garbage. Nostradumbass indeed!

Per this site... http://www.getodd.com/stuf/nostradamus.html, it's the quatrain of the day for 18 Oct. 2007.

georgie-poo and osama.

NYC's remaining skyscrapers.

The Democratic candidates for prez.

By Blackwater.

the most famous and controversial prophet in the history of the world

The Amazing Carnak?

Dionne Warwick?

Ohmygawds! Nostradamus predicted Tolkien's Lord of the Rings! That quatrain is a SPOILER! That thoughtless bastard!

One day the two great leaders will become friends

The human leader Aragorn and the wizard leader Gandalf become friends.

In Khazad-d

FWIW, I've held a copy of the first English translation of Nostrdamus, and actually flipped through the pages. It's at the James Randi Educational Foundation in Fort Lauderdale, for anyone who might be in the area. Randi is one of the leading authorities on Nostradamus, and is very approachable.

That's one of my claims to reflected glory and importance. Another is when I stood next to Howard Dean at the urinal.

No ,no ,no...this just shows how learned texts can be misinterpreted(especially in a urinal) .

"The twelve red ones will spoil the cover" , is obviously an allusion to a game of billiards , where someone has spilt beer on the table and the red balls have rolled through it causing extensive damage to the playing surface. Hence proving that Nostradamus invented the billiard table and kept it secret inside a hollowed out mountain (which he alludes to), until such time as Hitler and Stalin signed their non-agression pact and knocked beer over the table(hence also proving that he predicted WW II) .The only part that isnt quite right is the one about peace being maintained , which should read " so a large piece of the table needed maintenance".

FWIW, I've held a copy of the first English translation of Nostrdamus, and actually flipped through the pages. It's at the James Randi Educational Foundation in Fort Lauderdale, for anyone who might be in the area. Randi is one of the leading authorities on Nostradamus, and is very approachable.

That's one of my claims to reflected glory and importance. Another is when I stood next to Howard Dean at the urinal.

James Randi totally rocks. I attended a lecture of his at Tufts University a couple years ago, and he picked me out of the audience for his spoon-bending demonstration (to debunk the claims of "psychic" Uri Geller). I still have the bent spoon (which I shall never part with).

And, even though James Randi is not much taller than a Hobbit, he's waaaay cooler. :no2:

-- Nephele

Gratiam habeo, PP, for that X-cellent link.

BTW, it would also perfectly apply to a Sibylline text or a Delphic oracle.

In fact, well designed obscure prophecies can be used at any time and any place.

No ,no ,no...this just shows how learned texts can be misinterpreted(especially in a urinal) .

"The twelve red ones will spoil the cover" , is obviously an allusion to a game of billiards , where someone has spilt beer on the table and the red balls have rolled through it causing extensive damage to the playing surface. Hence proving that Nostradamus invented the billiard table and kept it secret inside a hollowed out mountain (which he alludes to), until such time as Hitler and Stalin signed their non-agression pact and knocked beer over the table(hence also proving that he predicted WW II) .The only part that isnt quite right is the one about peace being maintained , which should read " so a large piece of the table needed maintenance".

Did this take place in Rhaetia?

I was able to watch yesterday the show "The Lost Book of Nostradamus" which will be screened on the History Channel on October the 28th 9PM/8C thanks to Terry from ElectricArtists who send me a copy...

Now, first i must say i was a bit surprised that this well designed presskit found me all the way to Austria, i think this is the first time i watched an US show before it is even screened in the US!

Before i start i have to say beware...

I am biased, i love mysteries, i love mysteries that are shrouded in time and even more so i love documentaries about those topics even more so...

In 1994, Italian journalist Enza Massa was at the Italian National Library in Rome conducting research on old texts, when she stumbled upon an unusual find in its stacks; a mysterious manuscript dating to 1629. The name of the book was surprising: NOSTRADAMUS VATINICIA CODE. On the inside of the book was the name of the author, in indelible ink

.... The only irritating part (but maybe thats just me and it seems this is a usual way of doing things at the networks) are the voice over for those foreign experts when they get interviewed, they dont speak english so they get a voice over, but why must the voice over sound like an italian speaking broken english, or french speaking like a french speaking a broken english? God knows, i dont)....

If neither can be understood (since they both are speaking at the same time), and there is the required background, side-ground, and foreground alleged music, along with the flashing and bouncing camera, it is intellectual. The obligatory flashing commercials at the bottom of the screen, make it easier for multitaskers to misunderstand. Aside from the fact that at least 40% of the time is spent with commercials, and another 10% spent on reminding one about what went on a few minutes ago, and the last few minutes being a teaser, one really gets only about five minutes of information. Most of that info is either wrong or highly suspect. One wonders if the 'experts' ever look at the 'show', or simply collect their checks.

P.S.

Make an end to apologizing for your English. You are easily understood. Exceptionally few people speak it, anyway. Why, the prez of the US speaks neither English nor American!