UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Pertinax

Ludus Gladiotorus!

Salve ! Welcome Citizens to the lead post for those seeking out Gladiatorial re-enactment information and photographs.I will shortly build a gallery of gladiatorial images to get the ball rolling, so watch this thread for further info. Please do not hesitate to upload and link your own Gladiatorial items into this thread, I know Lost Warrior probably has some interesting things to share!

Post Scriptum: here we have a start on the pictorial side:

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?automo...m&album=117

Please do not hesitate to upload and link your own Gladiatorial items into this thread, I know Lost Warrior probably has some interesting things to share!

Actually I don't have a thing at this point. :( Most of my stuff was on my old comp, which is currently sitting unused with a half fried hard drive. I do have an artpiece or two floating around (not very historically accurate...and one that is funny but not accurate at all...)

Salve ! Welcome Citizens to the lead post for those seeking out Gladiatorial re-enactment information and photographs.I will shortly build a gallery of gladiatorial images to get the ball rolling, so watch this thread for further info. Please do not hesitate to upload and link your own Gladiatorial items into this thread, I know Lost Warrior probably has some interesting things to share!

Salve, P.

Is that you posted on the pic named "Secutor Pertinaxid"?

Salve, P.

Is that you posted on the pic named "Secutor Pertinaxid"?

No, its a sly reference to my older persona here on the Forum , and my interest in Kendo that some members are aware of.

Here I am in my own armour:

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?automo...=si&img=956

and if you delve around the gallery you will find me at the Kannon temple in Tokyo.

Since I'm new to this board I and at least one person (Nephele) showed interest in my reenactment as a gladiatrix I would like to present my group as well as myself:

I founded my own gladiator group LVDVS NEMESIS in 2006 and so far we are four fighters but still looking for more enthusiastic comrades. We had our first gigs last year in Germany (Hamburg and Saarland) and will have three gigs in Saarland this year.

Since I'm not knowledgable enough to insert a photo here I could give you only the links to the website:

http://www.ludus-nemesis.eu/galerie3.html

(photos of our gig at Helms-Museum in Hamburg)

http://www.ludus-nemesis.eu/galerie4.html

(videos of our gig at Helms-Museum in Hamburg)

We base our impression mainly on the finds of Pompeii, i.e. 1 century AD. So far we cannot fight completely in the authentic pairings due to the lack of members but they come as close as possible since the murmillo was the original opponent of the retiarius and there is one earthen flask showing the fight of a murmillo against a provocator. Anyhow, we try our best to present the audience good fights and inform them about gladiators as well since there are many misconceptions about this topic.

Thanks for those links, Medusa! Russell Whitfield, author of the novel Gladiatrix, happens to be a member of UNRV. I'll drop him a line and direct him to your posting. I'm sure he'll be one more person interested in your group's reenactments! Also, we have UNRV member Lost_Warrior, and I know she'll enjoy this!

-- Nephele

Hey, Medusa - welcome to the UNRV! You'll have a great time here, I'm sure. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Cheers

Russ x

Hi Russ,

Nice to see old acquaintances over here as well and not only on RAT. How's the sequel to "Gladiatrix" going on?

Cheers,

Svenja aka Medusa

Very interesting, Medusa! If you ever come anywhere near Belgium let me know. I'd like to watch one of your reenactments.

Very interesting, Medusa! If you ever come anywhere near Belgium let me know. I'd like to watch one of your reenactments.

We have two gigs in the South West of Germany, but nothing in Belgium or Netherlands (though I tried to apply at the Archeon but no reaction). Both dates are also listed on the German version of our website.

On June 14, 2009 we will have a gig at Vicus Wareswald (excavation site) near Tholey in Saarland.

On August 15, 2009 we will be at Europ

We have two gigs in the South West of Germany, but nothing in Belgium or Netherlands (though I tried to apply at the Archeon but no reaction). Both dates are also listed on the German version of our website.

On June 14, 2009 we will have a gig at Vicus Wareswald (excavation site) near Tholey in Saarland.

On August 15, 2009 we will be at Europ