UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Feedback - New Home Page

Seems to me that the titles of news items (e.g., Names for Roman Dogs) should also be links to the articles in question. Visually, it would also help to set off the titles from the text. Minor issue though.

I also agree with Moonlapse that the overall organization of the site has become quite difficult to navigate. The new home page seems to be a move in the right direction, but it's still not apparent how to click to bottom-level articles.

I also agree with Moonlapse that the overall organization of the site has become quite difficult to navigate. The new home page seems to be a move in the right direction, but it's still not apparent how to click to bottom-level articles.

This is definitely just the very first step. We are also well aware that we have some work to do on the total reorganization front. :)

Seems to me that the titles of news items (e.g., Names for Roman Dogs) should also be links to the articles in question. Visually, it would also help to set off the titles from the text. Minor issue though.

Titles are linked now.

Maybe an easily found site-map would help? I don't know how Moon is making the page but it would be potentially useful. (unless I misunderstander you)

I found a bug, actually I don't know if it's with the homepage or the forum. Anyway check it out.

30kr1as.jpg

As you may see there's a really weird link at the top left corner.

I found a bug, actually I don't know if it's with the homepage or the forum. Anyway check it out.

30kr1as.jpg

As you may see there's a really weird link at the top left corner.

That's quite strange... I don't see it on my browser, and I'm using Firefox as well. Do you always see it, or was it just the one time?

I've never noticed it before. It's showing up every time I check the blogs tonight though.

It's hardly visible before you put your mouse over it.

Edit: Correction - It's not there now. I am clueless.

Edited by Klingan

If I were to be honest, I think the new style is more functional but the old page was more aesthetically pleasing. But that's only a small nitpick, as we spend far more time on the Forum pages in any case and the history pages are just the same when we get to them. So, if the new page has made things easier for most users, then I'm all for it.

If I were to be honest, I think the new style is more functional but the old page was more aesthetically pleasing.

I agree 100% however I also do not use the homepage much, so my opinion doesn't count for as much as those who are using it always. :)

Salve, Amici.

Even being a frequent user of the homepage, I honestly can't make the choice: I find the two styles both functional and aesthetic.

In fact, if you are a computer illiterate like me, UNRV is a good place for learning the basics..