UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gaius Octavius

Pearl Harbor.

I didn't forget. I forgot the date. My aunts, uncles, and cousins will never forgive me.

http://www.ki4u.com/chishp.jpg

Not 1 in 1000 Chinese cargo containers are ever searched by U.S. Customs!

A U.S. Customs official said in the Orange County Register (3/15/97):

"Ships are subject to random searches and shippers must submit documents listing ship and container contents. But there are thousands of containers which come into the ports each month. We cannot inspect each and every container - we have to accept what is on the documents as a true representation of what is in that cargo."

Every time the value of the US dollar falls one cent ; China loses 14 billion Dollars.

At some point the strategic assets will out weigh the financial. Pearl Harbor will be a picnic in the park compared to WWIII. It will take an historic effort from the West or Freedom in the world will end on this next supreme day of surprises. .

Possibly, but then why do you assume there will be a WWIII? The last century was overshadowed by a conflict of ideology that began in 1914, arguably because everyone had prepared for mass-mobilisation and that once the balloon went up, no-one could stop the process for fear of creating havoc with the carefully prepared railway schedules. There's a stroty that Kaiser Wilhelm ordered champaign because the 1914 war had been averted, only to be corrected by one of his generals who pointed out that it wasn't possible to stop the movement of so many troops. The war of 1914-18 had consequences that led directly to the second. There was a newspaper cartoon that showed Clemenceau leaving the Versailles peace talks and commenting that it was strange - he could hear a child crying - and the child was labelled 'Class of 1940'. How prophetic. The facist/communist/democratic struggle in WWII led directly to the Cold War which lasted until the 90's, a struggle of political domination and much sabre rattling, with the full scale war ironically averted by the threat of mutually assured destruction. Its interesting to note that both democratic and communist sides were convinced the other was ready to invade and conquer. There is also a sobering story that during the Cold War, the soviet defenses registered an all out nuclear attack from the US. The commanders were within seconds of ordering a retaliatory strike but for a lowly lieutenant, who convinced his superiors that the alarm was only faulty wiring. It isn't so ridiculous to regard the Cold War as WWIII, given that military conflict was played out in third world countries with surrogate armies in many cases, and in theory, given the situation in Korea, one of the few last embers of WWIII still smokes to this day.