UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roma ad novum infinitum

Guest Iulis Mascellus

Guest Iulis Mascellus

Yeah...I'd like to apologize ahead of time if this idea has already been beaten to death and left in the sun to fester....

I'd like to recreate the Roman Republic in modern day Europe...that being said...

REPUBLIC

No, I'm not the anti-christ people...I don't want another Empire.

I think that if we can acheive the social tolerances of the time (plus the ones we've come up with since then) we can unite under one banner, the banner of Rome. I'm an American in New Jersey...but the thought of another Roman Republic is a good incentive to move...

Anyway, feel free to argue and discuss

Well, that particular aim is not what this site is about. We love Rome but we're not out to recreate a Roman state.

You may wish to visit www.novaroma.org who do claim to be recreating the ancient Roman Republic as a micro-nation (internet community). And that is all I am going to say on the matter.

Yeah...I'd like to apologize ahead of time if this idea has already been beaten to death and left in the sun to fester....

I'd like to recreate the Roman Republic in modern day Europe...that being said...

REPUBLIC

I think that if we can acheive the social tolerances of the time (plus the ones we've come up with since then) we can unite under one banner, the banner of Rome. I'm an American in New Jersey...but the thought of another Roman Republic is a good incentive to move...

A few thoughts on you

REPUBLIC

How do you want to create this Republic? Conquest like the romans did?

And why would you want to unite Europe like this? We had it once. Let other people enjoy themselves with it. Make it in Jersey and fight the feudalistic oppressors from across the bridge in Brooksomething.

Sorry about that, I could not help it.

Guest Iulis Mascellus

Haha, no please do jest, being from NJ I get plenty of it already.

Yes I do understand that the recreation of what was is mostly a "pipe dream", however I simply put it here in the arena in order to find debate. I agree that the Roman Republic emerged from a complex set of tribal situations, but it is not unreasonable to think it could happen again with talks of lesser alliances such as the E.U. Heck, even the U.S. has held talks with Canada and Mexico regarding a pan-north american nation. I suppose I have a rather overinflated ideal of Rome in mind, but since the last 50 years of western European relations has been more or less friendly, well, one can always dream...

Salve -

It

Edited by Faustus

Guest Iulis Mascellus

Salve -

It