UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pegasus

One of a kind. The offspring of Poseidon and Medusa.

I personally believe that there are more than one, but this is a personal belief not (as far as I know) supported by mythology.)

OK, I'm missing something...how does a god, mating with a snake haired gorgon, produce a winged horse?

I know that genetics have little bearing on the reproduction of gods...but I'm missing the connection. :ph34r:

I personally believe that there are more than one, but this is a personal belief not (as far as I know) supported by mythology.)

OK, I'm missing something...how does a god, mating with a snake haired gorgon, produce a winged horse?

I know that genetics have little bearing on the reproduction of gods...but I'm missing the connection. :ph34r:

Pegasus was not the only winged horse of Greek myth. Some gods, such as Helios and Zeus, were said to drive chariots drawn by winged horses. Plato wrote: "Now the winged horses and the charioteers of the gods are all of them noble and of noble descent ..." (from Phaedrus translated by Benjamin Jowett).

Supernatural DNA obviously differs from mortal DNA. ;) After all, the race of Centaurs was said to have been born of the cloud nymph Nephele and the mortal King Ixion.

-- Nephele

Pegasus was not the only winged horse of Greek myth. Some gods, such as Helios and Zeus, were said to drive chariots drawn by winged horses. Plato wrote: "Now the winged horses and the charioteers of the gods are all of them noble and of noble descent ..." (from Phaedrus translated by Benjamin Jowett).

Thanks Nephele, maybe that's what I'm thinking of. :ph34r: