UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Review: Rome Total War

Ursus

Does anyone know hot to unlock Egypt?

I think you need to destroy the Egyptians in a campaign. You can also unlock them (as well as every available faction) by completing a campaign. You can also unlock all factions by editing the game files. A demonstration of how to do this is available on youtube:

That is go to program files/activision/rome:total war/data/worlds/maps/campaign/ imperial_campaign

then click on the 'descr_strat' wordpad. Copy and paste all unlocked factions to the playable factions section.

By the way, do not try and unlock the non-playable factions as they will make the game unstable. It is also best to keep a clean copy of the descr_strat file in one of your folders, just in case you make an error. I once did and I had to re-install the entire game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I would be very curious to know what the team at UNRV thinks of Europa Barbarorum (http://www.europabarbarorum.com/). It's a user-made mod for Rome Total War. I think you'd find the game far more enjoyable with it, and the presentation is quite professional. It doesn't make it any harder, but that's my own personal grudge, I suppose. I'm not connected to it by any means, for the record. If any of you intend to play Rome Total War, you should really give this modification a shot, if only to make the game stop being ridiculous.

I believe EB have been discussed or at least mentioned a number of times here and have so far from what I've seen only received good comments!

Everyone who liked the concept of RTW, but thought that it was not historically accurate, and likes war should play Rome total realism, an excellent mod, it makes the units look MUCH better, and is simply a great mod. Makes it impossible to just make profits no matter what, and consolidates rome into one faction. also makes pyrrus sstart the game in southern italy, making rome no guaranteed to dmoniate europe easily. It also has mods, like TIC: the iberian conflict. Great, and more realistic. To those of you that dont like the strategy factor and think it does not represent ancient battlefield strategy, you are correct in that, but there has to be some entertainment value. Also, if you are decent at teh game you can control even a large army fairly well. whoever said that casualties always increase as army size increases is just plain wrong. In RTW, I usually play H/VH, and find that you can minimize casualties to less than 100 if you command a large army well, where as in small armies, this is harder to do, and generally % casualties are 20 times that of a large battle.

ATG

P.S. to petergab: RTW's units and factions are completely UNREALISTIC; that's why they made rome total realism.

Edited by Antiochus III

• 4 months later...