UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

America Votes 2008

Old age, with health issues including senility and death can be serious problem. FDR's illness was a great problem at the end of WW2.

Likewise, I'm not sure your comments aren't tongue in cheek, but, let

Edited by Faustus

The GOP Shoppe

Edited by Faustus

Watching the news lately, I see that Obama is being dragged over the coals at the moment for his association with a 'radical' black church leader.

I don't want to seem callous, and perhaps it's because I'm an observer, but a lot of what the church leader said seemed like a mere statement of fact to me. Obama, in the parts of the speech he delivered where he said 'I could no sooner disown this man than disown my white grandmother' seemed to me to be talking sense. Are Americans really that sensitive to issues of race? How much will this really affect Obama's chances?

I don't want to seem callous, and perhaps it's because I'm an observer, but a lot of what the church leader said seemed like a mere statement of fact to me. Obama, . .

I can

Thankyou for always taking the time to elucidate these matters for me, Faustus. I am very appreciative and you explanations are always succint, informed and answer my questions to the last detail. I have always wanted to tap the brain of an informed and intelligent American to get a decent and intelligent opinion as I am interested in world politics, but particularly America's. But because of the collections of soundbites that pass for news down here, you don't get the whole picture (just a couple of frazzled pixels, actually) Thankyou again.

If I were American, after that speech defending his clergyman, I would vote for Barak. Before I would have been leaning towards Hilary, but seeing Barak having to fight out of his corner really impressed me.

I hope that there are many more unprejudiced voters that feel as you do.

I'll give McCain credit... he sounded damn presidential today at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council. I still disagree with him on several issues, but he is slowly earning my nominally committed support. Not that I would ever vote for Obama or Clinton anyway, so to be perfectly fair, the point is admittedly moot.

I'll give McCain credit... he sounded damn presidential today at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council. I still disagree with him on several issues, but he is slowly earning my nominally committed supported. Not that I would ever vote for Obama or Clinton anyway, so to be perfectly fair, the point is a bit moot.

The missing component has been enthusiasm. Enthusiasm translates into financial support, the

Hillary's Last Hope, Michigan & Florida and why Hillary stays in.

But 22 percent of D voters say, in Novenber, they would not vote for Obama, and 22 percent say they would not vote for Hillary, and a large percentage of those two groups would instead rather vote McCain. They may be the equivalent counter balance of McCain defectors.

VICTORY TO OBAMA!

McCain is a cold war relic, and Hilary lies through her teeth. A very simplistic view based on what our media tell us over in blighty.

VICTORY TO OBAMA!

McCain is a cold war relic, and Hilary lies through her teeth. A very simplistic view based on what our media tell us over in blighty.

GETTING MRS CLINTON

Faustus, I read 'GETTING MRS CLINTON'. Wow. That's a pretty big lie to be telling, getting shot at in Bosnia, especially when there are thousands of your troops getting shot at in the Middle East, and many of them not making it home alive.

Shocking, Mrs. Clinton.

Faustus, I read 'GETTING MRS CLINTON'. Wow. That's a pretty big lie to be telling, getting shot at in Bosnia, especially when there are thousands of your troops getting shot at in the Middle East, and many of them not making it home alive.

Shocking, Mrs. Clinton.

With the 'Bosnia Claim' she opened a nest of snakes. In the past the popular media had been her enablers, and would not expose a "discrepancy" like this one. But this is of the present, post Obama and the old rules no longer apply.

It is good for the country and the democrats for her to stay in. This is how nominees get vetted and candidates are made. Governor Rendell of Pennsylvania may have put it in perspective when he said "to understand it better just flip it: If primary results were switched and Obama were behind and Democrat party heads were calling for him to get out, to give it up the race, how would that be perceived?"

There have been instant shifts in the polls since the false Bosnia claim. This is a case of her snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Faustus

I'm reading HRC's book "Living History" and there she mentiones that were snipers in the mountains overlooking Tuzla's airstrip, but no ditching of bullets.

Her recent statement was a blatant lie, but, hell, she is a politician.

The book it's very well written, a masterpiece of puting her in the right light. She is smart, experienced, determined and ruthless so I guess that she will make a good president but if the reciprocal bashing beetwen her and Obama continues in this pace McCain would have an easier job.

OK, she's a politician, and they lie. But normally they do it with a bit more art than that. This kind of lie reeks of desperation and HRC's situation did not seem that dire as far as the candidacy goes. I'm bothered by it because before hearing of the lie I thought she was doing a pretty good job convincing US voters that she was genuine (as far as a politician can be).