UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Rameses the Great

What music do you guys like?

Which do you prefer?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Can we get to the poll choices now?

• Rock
    • Hip Hop
    • Heavy metal
    • Classic
    • Country
    • Other please specify

So what kind of music do you guys like to listen to? I like some rock, not all, and the type of rock varies do greatly. Hip hop is my personal favorite, I can easily get into the rhythm and I really do believe there is meaning behind the lyrics. Heavy metal I can't STAND any satanic music that incurs me to only smash and not think for myself is depressing, sorry ACDC/Led Zeppelin. Next to hip hop I like to listen to classic, what a contrast right, don't like Beethoven but Mozart is masterful and some classic songs help to mellow me out and focus. Country is kind of weird to me, I guess because I'm not an American but it really is confined no contrast.

So how about you guys?

By Dawkins! Thats a comprehensive list Ram, old chap - well, in the absence of a '50's Rock n' Roll, Rockabilly or Jazz category, I will have to vote for 'other'.

Edited by Northern Neil

The kind of music I listen to are only whispered in fear. (and not represented on the list)

Serious though it's rather spread, I listen to almost anything as logn as I like the individual song, from techno to rap.

I'm a big fan of Indie/Rock music, Oasis, Killers Stereophonics etc.

My favorites have got be The Stone Roses, an indie rock band from Manchester who have unfortunately split up now, this was the kind of music I grew up listening to.

Check out my favorite song HERE

By Dawkins! Thats a comprehensive list Ram, old chap - well, in the absence of a '50's Rock n' Roll, Rockabilly or Jazz category, I will have to vote for 'other'.

Thanks lol, I do like soft rock but that's just about it. People say you can't really like hip hop and rock but I don't know, it seems not to be so for Klingan.

I'm a metal/rock guy, but like fairly specific sub-genres. Generally "popular" music bores me to the point of losing interest in music all together.

Thanks lol, I do like soft rock but that's just about it. People say you can't really like hip hop and rock but I don't know, it seems not to be so for Klingan.

Well my selection of hip hop is very small, not more then 10 songs probably. The again I don't have much more then 30 rock songs I like either.

I don't understand what the point of heavy metal is. Is it to draw a reaction in a negative way or is it some kind of 'rage against the machine' kind of thing? I could never understand it, and when I tried to listen to it a couple of asprins were in order.

I like classical and neoclassical for the most part. Helps me relax and focus.

Popular music usually doesn't appeal, but I've been known to listen to everything from Led Zeppelin to Weird Al Yankovic, depending on my mood.

I voted for heavy metal despite the fact the genere it's largely dead now. From the sorts of metal that are made today I like gothic metal (Therion, etc), industrial (Rammstein), some punk rock (Tool).

I also listen to older rock/metal, classical (no opera) and house (when driving).

I voted for "rock" although I think I'd probably classify "Motown" as my favorite genre.

PS - You forgot to add "disco" for Gaius

Salve Omnes,

This is a lot tougher poll to respond to than you may have thought. As for my-self I like best, music that inspires emotion, especially emotions of passion, if there be any other kind.

(Taken in order of your poll).

Rock can do it but there is so much (the file is so deep) that it

Edited by Faustus

Disco? Disco? I can't stand noise of any kind!!! :wine::furious: :furious:

Put me down for classical, Romance language folk, Standard American (Easy Listening). How could any human being stand for any of those rackets? Hah? :ph34r::hammer:

:ph34r:

Disco? Disco? I can't stand noise of any kind!!! :wine::furious::furious:

Put me down for classical, Romance language folk, Standard American (Easy Listening). How could any human being stand for any of those rackets? Hah? :ph34r::hammer:

:ph34r:

Come now Cecil, Don't you try telling me that back in the 70's you never slipped into your White flared suit, open shirt, medallion and platform shoes and strutted on down to the Brooklyn discotheque to bust a few moves on the illuminated dance floor!

375px-Saturday_night_fever_movie_poster.jpg

I bet Travolta had nothing on you!