UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
VeniVidiVici

What do you guys do for living?

Yep, simple as that, that are you guys' career?

I'm a college student majoring history. I love European history.

After my Bachelor's degree, I'm not sure what I would do.

I definitely don't want to teach. I'm thinking about working at museum or library as a curator. Or archaeologist, but that might involve a lot of moving around, hmmm.

Do you know what kind of job can "military historian" can have?

I'm also interested in literature, so I think scenario writer for games or movies can also be a possibility.

I'm asking it in here since this site is full of history people, like me, haha.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by VeniVidiVici

Yep, simple as that, that are your guys' career?

I'm a college student majoring history. I love European history.

After my Bachelor's degree, I'm not sure what I would do.

I definitely don't want to teach. I'm thinking about working at museum or library as a curator. Or archaeologist, but that might involve a lot of moving around, hmmm.

Do you know what kind of job can "military historian" can have?

I'm also interested in literature, so I think scenario writer for games or movies can also be a possibility.

I'm asking it in here since, this site is full of history people, like me, haha.

Thanks in advance.

A new writer of Ancient Historical Biographies. I've just sent a manuscript to the publishers and when it's due to be published I'll let you all know so that you can buy it!! :D

I'm into Ancient history at the university of Lund. My Bachelor's exam is almost finished. Next fall I'll hopefully spend time in Greece on a course and then in Rome next spring. After that I'm up for my Master.

I'm somekind of lawyer.

I decided that making a living from history around here will not be great in terms of money making so I keep it as a nonprofesional passion.

Anyway, I like history more because I did NOT had to study it, take exams, make papers etc. I believe Tom Sawyer was right and it's more fun to do a thing because you want to, not because you have to.

So, a history buff lawyer here.

By Day - I write content for a major corporate website

By Night - I'm a novelist, first book due out on 18th March!

Russ

Edited by Lanista

I'm somekind of lawyer.

I decided that making a living from history around here will not be great in terms of money making so I keep it as a nonprofesional passion.

Anyway, I like history more because I did NOT had to study it, take exams, make papers etc. I believe Tom Sawyer was right and it's more fun to do a thing because you want to, not because you have to.

A Bulgarian lawyer???

Is the Organised crime problem as bad over there has the british Immigration Authorities would have us believe?

I work nights in a blast freezer doing extremely physical manual labour. Despite it paying excellent rates for none skilled work only one person out of twelve manages to stay their first month. Sweating at minus 30 for 8hrs per night is too much for most and, i must confess, I really wish I'd spent my time at school doing more than having fun.

I'm a part-time professor of Spanish at a variety of colleges (currently I'm all at one campus, which I consider my 'home' campus). I'm in the process of finding a full-time position. I also continue research on historical Romance linguistics and language change theories.

History is more than a passing interest for me...in order to understand how the languages change, one has to understand the history of the people, among other things...so I study Roman history and 'Western Civilization' (aka European history) so that I understand the lives of the people, the migrations, and anything else I feel is necessary to get the general picture.

Edited by docoflove1974

Training and Quality Assurance for a rapidly growing company.

I think I need to start writing that historical novel on the side like everyone else around here.

Public library administration is what I do for a living. Many of my personal passions can be found out by accessing my UNRV Member Profile. Some of my personal passions, however, are too private to disclose. :)

-- Nephele

I'm embarressed to say what i do after reading about you lawyers and professors. I'm a blue-collar intellectual...a college dropout factory worker. My IQ is probably double that of my immediate supervisors, but they all think I'm weird because I chatter endlessly about roman emperors, politics, etc, and all they care about is college football and which restaurants have the best fried chicken

I got a master in Classical History and am now working on getting a second master in sciences and technologies of information and communications. Better chances to get a good job than with my history degree, but still I combine my two passions with work on IT applied to classical studies. One of my main projects at the current time being realization of a website for the exploitation of a database on coptic texts that a researcher of my university has been creating for quite some years. 7089 records are already online, but only metadata : i'm currently working on how to proceede to put the coptic texts onlines along with pictures of the papyri and ostraca and grafitti.

I'm somekind of lawyer.

A Bulgarian lawyer???

Is the Organised crime problem as bad over there has the british Immigration Authorities would have us believe?

I work nights in a blast freezer doing extremely physical manual labour. Despite it paying excellent rates for none skilled work only one person out of twelve manages to stay their first month. Sweating at minus 30 for 8hrs per night is too much for most and, i must confess, I really wish I'd spent my time at school doing more than having fun.

I think Kosmo is from Romania, but to answer your question...yes, organized crime in Bulgaria is pretty bad. I live in the USA, but spend a 2-3 weeks in BG every year visiting in-laws. I'm a criminal defense lawyer in Michigan so I tend to also pay closer attention to the relevant news from there. Drug and human trafficing/public official bribery/assassination of crime bosses...all fairly common.

VERY nice people...and I always feel safe there, but...

A Bulgarian lawyer???

No, I'm Romanian and I live in Bucharest and the only things I know about bulgarian criminality comes also from media. Bulgaria it's a great turistic destination with nice and cheap seaside resorts, friendly people and great looking girls. I feel safe in Bulgaria, but like in every place I've seen you have to keep your eyes open.

I feel stupid!

I do know that Bucharest is the capital of Romania (who could forget Caecescu's ((sp?)) final mussellini impression). For some reason I thought kosmo was bulgarian.

Romania and Bulgaria are being discriminated against in UK. Over the last four years hundreds of thousands of polish and baltic workers have come to my country but the government has decided to impose strict restrictions against romanian and bulgarian citizens.