UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Stimulus Package

Moonlapse

Stimulus Package  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do with your stimulus package money?

• Invest it
    • Buy precious metal
    • Debt payment
    • Save it
    • Spend it
    • Donate
    • Other

I will give my tax rebate to a family that doesn't actually pay taxes because otherwise they won't be eligible for it. Oh wait, that's right, yes they are, nevermind.

LOL. What % of Americans pay no Federal taxes at all? I think I heard it was nearly 40%.

Oh gee, this makes me feel even better about our government's largess.

Now I know that all my own freakin' money that I'm NOT getting back from the government will be going to folks who don't pay taxes at all. Most of whom will be buying adult toys (wheeee!) on my hard-earned sestercii.

Crap.

-- Nephele

buying adult toys (wheeee!)

Perhaps they are taking the term stimulus package far too literally?

*Falls off chair* :P

-- Nephele

buying adult toys (wheeee!)

The first best place for the stimulus money (the greatest potential) would be to channel that money to those who would immediately employ others either by adding to their employee base, or, indirectly, by spending it on new equipment.

That would be small business. They already provide 80% of the employment base in this country so this would add onto the largest base of employment already existing. They will not likely apply that money to pay off debt they've already accepted the terms of.

The mechanics could be as simple as suspending their payment of FICA FOR A QUARTER, Which they'd be required to catch up on at the end of the year. That would entail no so called "tax expenditures." The Rate of with-holding for most small businesses is a whopping 15%+

To the small business man, the first thing he thinks of when he gets a cash windfall, is how can he grow his business. If he can

To those who think it's a bad idea, remember ... you can always give it back! The IRS will gladly accept your check. LOL!