UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Faustus

For What It's Worth

THROUGH TOPICS THAT Got the least number of replies. This is like mining for gold. In doing this a 'surfer' can spend the least amount of time and get the maximum amount of results.

When posts get only a reply or two the question has been quickly dealt with, and there is no big complicated debate going on, so that I assume the information has been tacitly agreed on by pretty much the full forum. A question is asked and answered. BINGO! Optimazation has been realized.

FAUSTUS

That's one explanation, but it there are too many possibilities to accept consensus opinion. The topic simply may not interest people. They may have missed it. People may agree but could still be quite wrong.

Interesting theory though.

1) I don't even bother reading threads if they don't interest me. The legion folder in particular usually fails to arouse my attention - just not my cup of tea

2) Someone could say something with which I disagree or which is even factually incorrect. But being a busy mod I may not have the time or inclination to respond right away, or ever.

3) Some threads are best left untouched due to the "emotional" nature of the subject. After 3 years on UNRV I've lost any inclination to jump into a " fall of the Republic" thread as I feel the arguments have been hashed out ad infinitum.

Primus Pilus

That's one explanation, but it there are too many possibilities to accept consensus opinion. The topic simply may not interest people. They may have missed it. People may agree but could still be quite wrong.

Interesting theory though.

If not interested I can quickly move on.

If it's really interesting, and has received no comments, and is from a sound source I'll C&P it to a word-doc and work on a response over time. After all it's no longer active, so I can work and do research at my liesure.

Ursus

1) I don't even bother reading threads if they don't interest me. The legion folder in particular usually fails to arouse my attention - just not my cup of tea

I try to look at them all to some degree, the less they arouse my attention, the less time I spend.

2) Someone could say something with which I disagree or which is even factually incorrect. But being a busy mod I may not have the time or inclination to respond right away, or ever.

If its thought provoking or interesting, I

Edited by Faustus

Often I agree with a post and I find nothing to comment. Emoticons are useful at that moment but someone has the monopoly...

The most important reason for which I posted in this thread was to rise the number of posts over 4...

Emoticons are useful at that moment but someone has the monopoly..

Who is that scoundrel? :thumbsup:

----------------------------------

I don't scroll around. I take posts as they come.