UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

ARA DI CESARA

dianamt54

One thing that always strikes me is that people keep laying flowers on the altar, and not just around this time of the year. Does anyone know if there's a particular reason for it?

Perhaps due to the 1994 de-institutionalization of patients from psychiatric hospitals?

One thing that always strikes me is that people keep laying flowers on the altar, and not just around this time of the year. Does anyone know if there's a particular reason for it?

Perhaps due to the 1994 de-institutionalization of patients from psychiatric hospitals?

:)

But seriously, it's not even his tomb.

And there are no flowers at Augustus' or Hadrian's mausoleum.

I guess the people lay the flowers as a tribute to Caesar. I was so surprised when the young woman, in her late 20s did it. I really wanted to go ask, but I didn't.

I guess the people lay the flowers as a tribute to Caesar. I was so surprised when the young woman, in her late 20s did it. I really wanted to go ask, but I didn't.

It seems a bit odd, but maybe there's nothing more to it.

On the other hand I was told yesterday that it fascist connotations, but that could be just a story.