UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ursus

Greco-Roman statues

Wow those are rather cool. I have something like that of Augustus that I bought in Rome.

It's too bad they don't reproduce life-size replicas of these statues. In which case I'd buy Canova's "The Three Graces" for the lobby of the club that I dream of opening someday -- a highly lucrative business tastefully catering to the predilections of New York governors and other loaded politicians.

6450-three-graces.jpg

-- Nephele

Nice stuff, although I never knew so many of the Roman gods had leaves instead of penises!

...a highly lucrative business tastefully catering to the predilections of New York governors and other loaded politicians.

-- Nephele

Hmm. And what sort of club are you talking about?

Nice stuff, although I never knew so many of the Roman gods had leaves instead of penises!

Yes, that is a little known factor in the small population of Mount Olympus. Reproduction was very difficult due to the whole leaf thing.

I went to the link above and did not see anything I would call quality copies of ancient works. For anyone interested I found this site a while ago that has first class examples, the life size examples seem to have been made from actual molds of the originals. My link

Edited by Tribunicus Potestus