UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Question about a scene in I, Claudius

Octavia

There is a part in I, Claudius that I am confused about. When Messalina says to someone, "Take it to the palace. Tell no one that you have it, only that you want to see your father." And the person says that he will forgive her. Then they go and say, "He must see me. He must." Who was that person?

Thanks for helping me with that question if you all can.

Octavia

There is a part in I, Claudius that I am confused about. When Messalina says to someone, "Take it to the palace. Tell no one that you have it, only that you want to see your father." And the person says that he will forgive her. Then they go and say, "He must see me. He must." Who was that person?

Thanks for helping me with that question if you all can.

Octavia

I'm a bit confused here, Octavia. I have always heard Messalina herself (Sheila White) say this to her children. She says something along the lines of: 'Your father will forgive your mother when he reads this'.

However, Ingsoc is quite right - Messalina is giving a letter to her two children, Brittanicus and Octavia, to take to their father in the palace.

Octavia, are you able to get a recorded copy of I, Claudius that includes narrated stage directions for the benefit of the blind? I know of a number of old movies that have been dubbed with this added narration, but I wasn't sure if they've done this for I, Claudius. Do you want me to check into it for you?

-- Nephele

I don't think they have any naration for I, caludius, but it would be cool if there was such a thing. I always thought it was cool how people on the forum would make up a game where they would ask questions about the movie because I learn stuff from it, like what Caligula wore and so on.

I don't think they have any naration for I, caludius, but it would be cool if there was such a thing. I always thought it was cool how people on the forum would make up a game where they would ask questions about the movie because I learn stuff from it, like what Caligula wore and so on.

Maybe it's time to revive that game. Where's The Augusta? :)

-- Nephele