UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Make a Movie

dianamt54

If you could make any movie about History, or historical figure, what would it be about? Which actors or actress would be in your movie?

I would make the Sunne in Splendor, written by Sharron Kay Penman. It is about Richard III. I loved it. Since I read it many years ago, I have changed the cast. Right now, I would have Russell Crowe (actually in any movie I would make), Christian Bale, James Purfoy, Ciaran Hines, Jeremy Sisto, Ray Stevenson, and of course ME!

I have to think who would play who, but I will get to that soon.

I would also love to see the First Man In Rome in a movie. Not sure yet who would be in it. But for both movies, I would insist that it would be HISTORICAL ACCURATE, I would throw a fit. I like the actors to look as close to the real person as possible. If the historical person is suppose to be blonde, then she has to be blonde. I don't think there needs to be a reason to change the time line. Of course I am just an arc chair movie director.

I would make a movie about Phillip.K.Dick, the author of 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' which was made into a movie called Blade Runner. Both the book and the movie are classics of science fiction.

His life was a hard slog but he never lost his will to write. They say that writers burn to write inside, will write on napkins with a piece of charcoal if that is all that's available, and Mr. Dick was certainly one of these kinds of writers. Not to mention that his books are very entertaining and thought provoking.

As a nod to Blade Runner, I'd get Harrison Ford to star in it, although he'd probably exhaust the budget.

I wouldn't mind seeing a good adaptation of Jean Auel's books with no-name actors and directed by some sort of Bruckheimer nemesis who can cater to the tastes of a history buff.

Are you trying to even remotely suggest that 10,000 BC didn't do justice to the concept for you? ;)

If you could make any movie about History, or historical figure, what would it be about? Which actors or actress would be in your movie?

My

I would do a pair of movies on the 2nd Punic war. It would be done like Clint Eastwood did Letter from Iwo Jima and Flags of our Fathers. I would do one movie focusing on Hannibal, the other on Scipio Africanus. The first one would be one part Livy, the other part Pride of Carthage. For the one on Scipio I would base it on Lidell Hart's Scipio Africanus: Greater than Napoleon.

I have little idea as to who I would have as actors. For Hannibal I would pick someone who atleast looked Lebanese/Phoenician. Maybe that side character from The Mummy. For Scipio I would have to pick a Brit, Romans don't sound right without the British accent, unless they are speaking in Latin. Perhaps pulling the Mel Gibson thing and using dead languages would be fun. Does anyone even know what Punic sounded like or is the language lost?

Oh, well. That's the movie I would do. Maybe if I think it through more later, I will expand this idea.

I wouldn't mind seeing a good adaptation of Jean Auel's books with no-name actors and directed by some sort of Bruckheimer nemesis who can cater to the tastes of a history buff.

Are you trying to even remotely suggest that 10,000 BC didn't do justice to the concept for you? :angry:

As soon as I saw wooly mammoths and some sort of pyramid building in the preview, the exasperated forehead-slapping began. I wonder if that movie is set in ancient Bosnia by any chance...

Angelina Jolie stars in "Theodora." Prostitute turned Empress turned Christian Saint. Described as both sexually voracious and as having superior intelligence, she was a cross between Hillay Clinton and Madonna. A movie for our times. Women will flock to it to get their female empowerment inspiration. Men will flock to it to see steamy sex scenes with Angelina Jolie. It will be an international blockbuster success.