UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

US electoral system explained

Viggen

Mubarack Saddam Hussein Osama it's a strange name for a US presidential candidate especialy one that was raised in a muslim country and has a crazy priest that hates US B) His name makes me remember a scene from the movie Crash when the governor was looking for a black hero and they only got an arab fireman named Hussein.

It's hard to believe that he could get elected in an european country, a clear sign of the different way in which europeans and americans define themselves as nations.

We ain't all bigots and knee jerk reactionaries over here sonny.

I know, and if you had read carefully my second phrase you would have understood that I believe that americans give less relevance to his ethnic background then people over here would, cher ;)

And don't tell me that his name or coulour do not count because they do, one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does not answer the question I posed.

Anytime I see something that looks like it was written by a 16 year old for the Godlike Productions forums here, I'll call it out every time. I am a lower middle class white male BTW, exactly the demographic stuff like this is aimed at and I hear this crap every day. Fear, ignorance,machismo and bigotry are major factors in any U.S. election, it's no mystery at all. If you want people to vote against their own self interests you have to press the right buttons.Watch and learn.

'Sonny' as used above is a rather inclement, if not insulting usage, (of course, in my opinion).

If my use of the word Sonny offended you I do apologize, I hope you do not require counseling to recover from the trauma.

If you want people to vote against their own self interests you have to press the right buttons.

And if you press the left buttons, those of political corectness and of guilt towards the "opressed" (blacks, women, enviroment, palestinians, cows etc) they will vote acording to their own interests.

If you want people to vote against their own self interests you have to press the right buttons.

And if you press the left buttons, those of political corectness and of guilt towards the "opressed" (blacks, women, enviroment, palestinians, cows etc) they will vote acording to their own interests.

Too funny, Kosmo. :wacko: But I think that's what you get when you press the

. :lol:

Harvard graduate Obama, son of a PhD (his mother) and another Harvard graduate (his father) doesn't "fit the mould" because "he ain't rich; he ain't privileged"? wtf is Jeremiah smoking?

-- Nephele

The Cult of the Presidency

"In the revival tent atmosphere of Barack Obama

Humor In Politics ( doesn't have to be mean )

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that my wife was right, it will be a black (funny how a half-half it's black) long before a women in the US. If he takes Hillary on the ticket maybe they can do what Segolene Royale (half black, full women) did when she was defeated by Sarko (a non-PC white male), I mean divorce the party guru (you ruined me Bill! after all that I've put up with!)

PS [/with a serious face] for those of you who don't understand a foreigner interest in US elections I have to tell that this interest it's born out of the US world leadership. When this unfortunate circumstance borned out of misinterpretation of the Holy Book (after some this book itself it's a misinterpretation) will end (to the benefit of the US and the rest of the world) I would care even less then I did about the presidential elections in Argentina where the (good looking, nice voice) wife of the ex-president did win (because no kenyan {luo}-american competed to exploit the guilt [that argentians don't feel] about the mistreatment of ones presumed ancestors by ones presumed ancestors) making full use of the machismo ethics that galantly give priority to ladies.

PPS Did I succsefully imitated GO or I made some sense?

Cpt. Bladder

:)

It seems that my wife was right, it will be a black (funny how a half-half it's black) long before a women in the US.

Hillary did enough to lose the nomination on her own. She assumed it was hers (wrong), made no plans beyond Super Tuesday in early February, stayed out of the Iowa Caucus (on philosophical pretensions), and Obama had a chance to pass her while she tried to reconnoiter. (get her team up, and her act together). She gave him a golden opportunity and he capitalized on it.

If he takes Hillary on the ticket maybe they can do what Segolene Royale (half black, full women) did when she was defeated by Sarko (a non-PC white male), I mean divorce the party guru (you ruined me Bill! after all that I've put up with!)

There must be many possible scenarios going through HRC's mind: If Ob loses she can get the nomination in four years with a big "I told you so!" assuming McCain is only good for 4-years. If she were in the VP slot, she would be in a good position 4 years or 8 years hence, and still not too old (she thinks). She still hasn't released her delegates to Ob. Until she does, something could happen to him (she indelicately mentioned Robert Kennedy being shot, but that was only an oblique reference to what she would like to have happen) that would cause a "first vote" at convention to fail, releasing delegates to swing to her. Bill doesn't hurt her; he's her foil, unless he spills the beans.

I don't believe she brings him what he needs on the ticket, but she is a proven "fighter" on the campaign trail.

PS [/with a serious face] for those of you who don't understand a foreigner interest in US elections I have to tell that this interest it's born out of the US world leadership.

That is clear enough, and part of what makes "outsiders" comments helpful, whatever you may think of US world leadership.

When this unfortunate circumstance borned out of misinterpretation of the Holy Book (after some this book itself it's a misinterpretation) will end (to the benefit of the US and the rest of the world)

Sorry Kosmo, this (at least to this reader) IS arcane, and needs decryption. . .

I would care even less then I did about the presidential elections in Argentina where the (good looking, nice voice) wife of the ex-president did win (because no kenyan {luo}-american competed to exploit the guilt [that argentians don't feel] about the mistreatment of ones presumed ancestors by ones presumed ancestors) making full use of the machismo ethics that galantly give priority to ladies.

No decryption needed here.

PPS Did I succsefully imitated GO or I made some sense?

Cpt. Bladder

Close enough.

:ph34r:

Edited by Faustus

I was refering to US foreign policy being an idealism rooted on a moral ground (a christian morality) that divides the world in good guys and bad guys and pays little attention to the greyish realities on the ground. When the US will be forced to abandon unilateralism and work in team with his allies some costly errors (like the war in Iraq)might be avoided.

It seems that my wife was right, it will be a black (funny how a half-half it's black) long before a women in the US. If he takes Hillary on the ticket maybe they can do what Segolene Royale (half black, full women) did when she was defeated by Sarko (a non-PC white male), I mean divorce the party guru (you ruined me Bill! after all that I've put up with!)

PS [/with a serious face] for those of you who don't understand a foreigner interest in US elections I have to tell that this interest it's born out of the US world leadership.

Very interesting Kosmo,

Indeed watch Hillary

Edited by Faustus

If she releases her delegates she loses almost any chance this go-round.

True to form, Hillary made a statement of support for Obama, but stopped short of releasing her delegates. This tactic allows her to hedge her support, gives her leverage at the convention, and allows her to keep accepting contributions to retire her debt.

Although they met alone and in private before the announcement to agree on the terms, when she made the speech she did not go to his stage, and he did not go to hers.