UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
dianamt54

What is everyone's favorite Drink?

This subject probably has been posted before, but I could not find it. My new drink Is Vino Frizzanti, as I call it, fizzy wine. I like it sweet!Frizzante [free-zahn'-teh]. Italian term for slightly sparking wine. The small bubbles provide a refreshing tingle.http://' target="_blank">

I also like sweet tea, with three lemons, not two, not one, but three. Once in a while a Shiner and a margarita.

In Louisiana, they have drive through Daiquris shops. They give you the cup taped up and the straw separate so there won't be any drinking and driving. Those crazy cajuns!

I think I am thirsty!

Fosters (it's Australian for "beer")

I never once saw Fosters (or Castlemain xxxx) whilst I was in Sydney.

It seemed everyone drank V.B. (Victoria Beer) in 'scooners', about two thirds of a pint.

A nice, cold drink.

Despite my gender and upbringing all pointing me towards pints of lager or bitter my favourite tipple is 'Baileys Irish Cream (with a hint if caramel)' or 'Dooley's Butterscotch liqueur'. Either are gorgeous when served in a tall, slim glass full of ice.

I have a fondness for mead. Unfortunately, it's comparatively hard to get, and I'm beginning to investigate setting up a small brewery in my basement.

For Beer: I love Anchor Steam Beer and I've become rather partial to Blue Moon of late.

For wine: Tempranillo or Primitivo (Zinfandel in North America) are typically among my favorites.

Non-alcohol--generally, simple water is fine by me.

Because my style of dress frequently gets me taken for a vampire, I suppose I should say that my favorite drink is arterial blood.

But actually I'm more fond of Irish coffee -- made with Jameson's whiskey and a small amount of lightly whipped cream. No aerosol whipped topping, gawds no, please. And also no poncy sweet liqueurs added, and definitely no sugar added.

-- Nephele

Guinness with a side order of Guinness.

Ah - memories! In my youth (when Augustus was a lad) when I lived in London I would down 8 pints of Guinness on the King's Road before every Chelsea home game. I often wondered why there were 44 players on the pitch!

I had to give up the Guiness, though - far too fattening. Now, I'm a Whisky or Vodka girl, but can be persuaded to the odd glass of red or white wine. One drink I cannot stomach - gin. I can't even get it to within a yard of my nostrils before I heave.

ETA: Oh, and beer. Beer. Good northern bitter! In fact - any drink at all really - except the old gin. Other vile drinks are Campari (tastes like ear-wax a friend once said, and she was right), Martini, Cinzano, Archers, and all those hoity toity yuppie things.

And the Prince of all Drinks - every New Year - Charles Edward's own Drambuie! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Edited by The Augusta

Mostly I drink tea made from the tea plant, not fruits or other plants except roiboos, without lemon or milk but with sugar or sweetener.

I love wines especially the red ones, not to dry and not to sweet.

I drink blonde beer (but often gives me a headache) and various alchools: whiskey, rum, tequila and my favorite Metaxa brandy. Vodka I drink only with juice preferably pineapple. I don't like gin and martinies I drink only if made with a sweet vermouth like Riccadonna.

I've become rather partial to Blue Moon of late.

It was bad enough when the froo-froo crowd started putting limes in their beer. Now they're throwing oranges in there too?

Oh, the humanity!

It was bad enough when the froo-froo crowd started putting limes in their beer. Now they're throwing oranges in there too?

Oh, the humanity!

For the record, I don't put anything in my beer. If it doesn't taste good on it's own, then it's not worth drinking.

For the record, I don't put anything in my beer. If it doesn't taste good on it's own, then it's not worth drinking.

Man law!

Man law!

How about a red beer? Tomato juice in beer. I had it once, it was ok!

Oh, the humanity!

I always thought that the lime was there so that you could clean the lip of your bottle of Sol or Corona with it, as you never can tell with Mexican beers. But oranges? By the gods: Why?

I like Guinness and a stout they make here in NZ called Black Macs. Steinlager (Steingrenades!), our national drink, is my favourite lager with a curry. There is a new kind of Steinlager here, Steinlager pure, made with no added preservatives etc. Tastes bloody great, whatever the marketing.

Top shelf? Scotch (Tullamore Dew) or Bourbon (Canadian Club). Four decent fingers of it with two bits of ice and no mixer - you little bewdy!

I can't do Rum or Gin anymore, the mere whiff of those gets me queasy thanks to a misspent youth.

My fave non alcoholic drink is Bundaberg Ginger Beer. Made by Australians, but we can't hold that against it.

Non-alcoholic: water, min. water (with a lemon wedge), milk (a gallon a week!), tea (mostly green; can't really have caffeine anymore).

Alcoholic: Gin (Bombay Sapphire), Rum, Bourbon (Maker's Mark), Scotch (Johnny Walker Gold or Green, usually) are all in my arsenal. Wine is a given...I will not drink anything oaky or really tannic, and tend to skew towards Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chianti, Rioja, and very floral ros