UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
dianamt54

What is everyone's favorite Drink?

Does anybody else like to drink grenadine neat, or is it just I?

Tea in the morning, water in the afternoon, beer in the evening.

Guinness is quintessential, though I increasingly like Sam Adams.

GOOD

A nice chilled glass of Carling extra cold really hits the spot with me as does Peroni, Stella, Fosters etc. basically any lager apart from Becks and Holsten Pills. :thumbsup:

Southern comfort and ginger ale, gin and tonic, Bushmills Irish Whisky (in particular green label) with a drop of water. :thumbsup:

Red wine preferably a Chilean Merlot.

McDonalds strawberry milkshake. :P

BAD

Putting any kind of fruit in lager be it lime, lemon, orange??? tomato?????? is just Wrong!!!. ;)

Alcopops are a big no no in my book too. :no:

Vodka is strictly off the menu for me due to a bad experience when I was younger (about 16/17) which began with a litre of vodka and ended with an hospital bed!! :wacko:

GOOD

...Southern comfort and ginger ale, gin and tonic, Bushmills Irish Whisky (in particular green label) with a drop of water. :thumbsup: ...

Oof...I must continue to educate the world. Southern Comfort is cheap bourbon mixed with corn syrup...it's nasty.

Then again, Jack Daniels is sour mash...which is just a hair above moonshine. Both are evils which should be avoided.

Early morning - Water then Coffee, black, without sugar or sweeteners

During the day - Water and in the evening and occasionally a beer if I think I've earned it calorically.

Evening meal and evening time - Water

Bedtime - A final glass of water at bed-time.

Special times - White wine

Faustus

---------------

Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire of Spring

The Winter Garment of Repentance fling:

The Bird of Time has but a little way

To fly--and lo! the Bird is on the Wing.

Does anybody else like to drink grenadine neat, or is it just I?

I like Grenadine neat. I don't understand why anyone would want to mix it. I don't have mixers with any top shelf, though.

I really want to try Absinthe - just so I can say I share something with Darling Oscar.

So, come on - has anyone had Absinthe? And if so, what is it like? Isn't it wormwood - or am I talking through my posterior again?

I really want to try Absinthe - just so I can say I share something with Darling Oscar.

So, come on - has anyone had Absinthe? And if so, what is it like? Isn't it wormwood - or am I talking through my posterior again?

I've had Absinthe a few times, I think it does contain wormwood and aniseed, it tastes a bit like Pernod/Ouzo mixed with molten lava. :thumbsup:

It's strange, as soon as you've had a drink you can feel your chest burning and if you look, you get like a red flush across your chest, oh yes and it gets you absolutely blind steaming drunk!!!

It looks funny and it tastes funny. I didn't liked it, but it's worth a try.

Yes! I have tried absinthe and it was lethal! It's more like a hallucinogenic drug in my experience than an alcoholic drink, although, young idiot I was, I drank twice as much as was recommended to me and suffered the consequences. Oscar was a madman if this was his tipple. Never again!

Help me out. Isn't there a German beer that one is supposed to add a bit of lemon to? Double Spatten? Wheat beers? Want a fizzy wine? Try Lambrusco.

In days of yore, when I slang beer, and the well plastered tipplers were returning to their hogans, they would stop in for something to help them recover. It went this way: Crack a fresh egg into a glass; salt and pepper, break up egg; add tomato juice to mid glass; top off with beer and stir all mightily.

Where are My Lords Pantagathus and Pertinax?

Help me out. Isn't there a German beer that one is supposed to add a bit of lemon to? Double Spatten? Wheat beers?

Yup...Heffeweissen. Never understood why. Man Law: Don't fruit the beer!

Edited by docoflove1974

Thanks to living surrounded by mountains, tap water here is so excellent, most people in other places dont get that quality in bottles, so tap water when at home...

I actually do not drink alcohol, so sorry nothing spectacular here ,because water from my mountains it is...

btw. i dont drink alohol because i am an antialcoholic, i just havent found any alcoholic drinks that tastes nice, beer is too bitter, spirits just buahhh, and everything else, either too sweet, too hot, too bitter, too "insert any word that describes, "i dont like it"... however, once a year i actually do drink an alcoholic drink, now that i think about it, we call it here "Sturm - (german for storm)", which is the earliest form of the wine, so when it is still fizzy and sweet, but that only happens (for obvious reasons) once a year and after the second glas i have my only hangover of the year! :thumbsup:

cheers

viggen

Viggen has it right. One really has to work at it to like booze of any kind. That is why most mixed drinks are sugar based. Nothing beats an ice cream soda - very good for diabetics!