UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
P.Clodius

Happy Birthday Rome

Ok, that last picture was something else. You know the photographer took it just for kicks and grins, and then submitted it on a whim. I didn't know the old stiffs at BBC had it in them to post it!

Today would have been a good day to be in Rome, I've seen reenactors before but to see them marching along the Fori Imperiali with the Colosseum in the back ground must have been pretty special.

But this has got to be the best picture.....

_44584763_toiletsap_466.jpg

Can you picture the scene.... The Roman legions lined up for battle when the Primus Pilus says "Right lad's, this is your last chance to go before we get stuck into those barbarians over there, so off you go, the portaloo's are over there on the left.......And remember boys.....Don't forget to wash your hands!!!"

z7shysterical.gifz7shysterical.gifz7shysterical.gif

Those are awesome shots!!! Especially the last two....

And yea, I can believe the BBC would post that. People in the States think Brits are prudes but actually they're quite far from it IME.

Today would have been a good day to be in Rome, I've seen reenactors before but to see them marching along the Fori Imperiali with the Colosseum in the back ground must have been pretty special.

:thumbsup: That is just what I thought because I've just arrived from Rome this thursday after a week there with some friends.........:(:(:( I was so sad when I saw it in the news. It was the second time I went to Rome and I even fell more in love with that city, how can a city be so charming?? I can't describe...I want definitely to live there.

The first time I haven't entered to the Palatine, but this time I was and when I visited the "Casa de Augusto" I was shocked, is impressively beautiful you can see the Circo Maximo and the thermes of Caracalla from it and really makes you to feel like an emperor. (sidenote: I went in the afternoon almost in the sunset and the spectacle is undescriptable)

Will those portaloo's have modern toilet paper or will the re-enactors share a sponge on a stick, for realism?

Will those portaloo's have modern toilet paper or will the re-enactors share a sponge on a stick, for realism?

I'm sure I saw that guy playing tight-head prop for l'azuri in the six nations rugby...

They're wonderful pics. Does anyone know if this was a re-enactment society, or did they just dress up council employees?

*They came from the blackness.* :thumbsup:

Just kidding Happy Birthday Rome!

Roma Invicta!

Edited by Rameses the Great

Are they a 'certain' parties porta loos? If you read his blog. Per nadi mil an Roma.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I'm sure I saw that guy playing tight-head prop for l'azuri in the six nations rugby...

They're wonderful pics. Does anyone know if this was a re-enactment society, or did they just dress up council employees?

LOL! That guy does look like an Italian prop! But I reckon he looks even more like the England's latest coaching casualty, Brian Ashton!

The pictures are great. It would've been an experience to have been there. My kids want some armour like that now!

LOL! That guy does look like an Italian prop! But I reckon he looks even more like the England's latest coaching casualty, Brian Ashton!

The pictures are great. It would've been an experience to have been there. My kids want some armour like that now!

You will regret having insulted Eyetalians! You barbarian!

Basil

Actually, on viewing the picture again, I think Maty is right. He's an Italian prop, and that's the rest of the forward pack lined up in L'azuri blue behind him!

It is a re-enactment group called "Gruppo Storico Romano", someone I know attends the schola gladiatoria there, they forced me to dress up as well..most embarrassing moment in my entire life XD