UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Nova Roma

Faustus

I have a very funny story about the time I joined the Nova Roma maillist and a couple of the bossier folks there took umbrage over my Roman name anagramming, and very excitably "instructed" their members to take Roman names for themselves ONLY from the "official" Nova Roma names lists. I had no idea I was so subversive!

-- Nephele

Some, just don't know how to have fun! ;)

Faustus

Edited by Faustus

Some, just don't know how to have fun! ;)

Faustus

Micronations. :D

-- Nephele

Micronations. :D

-- Nephele

Excitable Micromanagers ;)

Micronations. :ph34r:

-- Nephele

Excitable Micromanagers ;)

Quite. I suspect the actual ancient Romans would have been astounded by it all. :D

-- Nephele

Quite. I suspect the actual ancient Romans would have been astounded by it all. ;)

-- Nephele

You know, that is very interesting. Imagine a civilization in the future year 4008 idealizing and doing unending research, contemplation, and thought experiments on the present state of modern political systems and

This topic was split from the "names" thread. I placed it here so the discussion on Nova Roma wouldn't detract from the educational value of Roman names.

I had dealings with NR myself - it was allegedly started to provide resources for Roman pagans. It has a few good people, and some great resources, but overall its value as an educational tool is compromised by its posturing as a "micro nation."