UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

CIAO ITALIAAAA!!!!!

Honestly and leaving apart patriotism, Italy played nothing, Justice was done and Spain won. Italy is usually a lucky team that owes much of its victories to their "not very fair" play plus good luck. It seems the mafia procedures are written in the genes of italians. ;)

Now Russia...this is becoming more and more difficult

Edited by Traianus

CIAO ITALIAAAA!!!!!

Italy is usually a lucky team that owes much of its victories to their "not very fair" play plus good luck. It seems the mafia procedures are written in the genes of italians. :lol:

CIAO ITALIAAAA!!!!!

Italy is usually a lucky team that owes much of its victories to their "not very fair" play plus good luck. It seems the mafia procedures are written in the genes of italians. ;)

Congratulations to Spain, who fully deserved to win this tournament - and I said I would hold up my hands if them or the Dutch ran out winners, so I am standing up to be counted. Spain have finally found that extra edge that has turned them from gorgeous-to-watch under-achievers to champions, and I should think they will be very hard to beat at the next World Cup. I could never really support Spain - until that most barbaric tradition in Andalusia and other places is stopped - but even I believed that they deserved to win this tournament after they got to the final. What I loved about this team in particular was that every time they went on the attack they would vary their tactics and invent new ways to break down the opposition. They were never boring or predictable. A total footballing side.

So, for football's sake - Well Done Spain! It has been a damned good tournament, all things considered. I've enjoyed it immensely.

Edited by The Augusta

That was a great match...a couple of those tries from Espa

So, stupid question, but does the Euro winner automatically qualify for the World Cup? Seems like they should....

Alas, no, Doc. They will have to go through the qualifying rounds like everyone else. Only the hosts of the World Cup escape the qualifiers. Even previous holders have to qualify these days - which means Italia better get their bums in gear pretty sharpish! :lol:

So, for football's sake - Well Done Spain! It has been a damned good tournament, all things considered. I've enjoyed it immensely.

I could not say it better. It was the best tournament I've seen.

So, stupid question, but does the Euro winner automatically qualify for the World Cup? Seems like they should....

Alas, no, Doc. They will have to go through the qualifying rounds like everyone else. Only the hosts of the World Cup escape the qualifiers. Even previous holders have to qualify these days - which means Italia better get their bums in gear pretty sharpish! :lol:

I forgot that the previous winners had to qualify, too. Yikes...eh, well, I guess it's fair if EVERYONE has to qualify, although I think it's a bit odd. Then again, us Americans aren't qualified (yet) to make FIFA decisions ;)