UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Euro 2008

Viggen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already had that one bookmarked, Professor. I do a lot of homework on my own :lol:

Well done DoL, I've got high hopes for you, if you want to be teachers pet you're going about it the right way!

Who knows if you carry on with this kind of attitude you might just make something out of your life, maybe even get a few letters after your name!!! :lol::P

Who knows if you carry on with this kind of attitude you might just make something out of your life, maybe even get a few letters after your name!!! :lol::P

ROFL It's always been a dream of mine!

The coach made a mistake, Mutu was not a good option for the penalty kick because of low morale, days before the tournament his grandmother died and he was sentenced to pay 12 million euros to Chelsea. Before he was changed he could hardly play at all. Chivu and Tamas had already fired good dangerous shots and they would not have missed the penalty.

Kosmo, I really think you are missing something in this equation! :) Mutu struck his penalty very well indeed and Buffon dived the wrong way initially. It is due to the fact that he is one of the world's best goalkeepers that he salvaged the thing by a very acrobatic twist in the air!

Don't be too hard on Mutu. Gigi Buffon kept Italy in the tournament rather than Adrian messing things up for Romania. There isn't a single journalist or sports commentator over here who blames Mutu for that penalty miss; it was just a moment of brilliance and determination from Buffon.

Now, I wish I could wish you good luck for Tuesday, but you know I dare not! A win for Romania against Holland on Tuesday means Italy AND France will go out. However, I am beginning to get very, very nervous about Tuesday! Once again the Azzurri are in the horrible position of needing to win themselves and hope that the other result goes their way too. I seem to remember we were in this position in 2004! I really do think that we will beat France, but it's what happenes between Holland and Romania that counts!

An amazing game Turkey - Cehia. The cehs were playing good and leading 2-0 but the turkish players jumped on them and scored 3 times in the last 15 minutes. In the end game Turkey played with a field player as goalkeeper. What a game!

An amazing game Turkey - Cehia. The cehs were playing good and leading 2-0 but the turkish players jumped on them and scored 3 times in the last 15 minutes. In the end game Turkey played with a field player as goalkeeper. What a game!

One of the worst goal-keeping errors I've seen from one of the worlds best goal-keepers, to say I was shocked when Petr Cech dropped that ball would be an understatement, the guy hardly ever ever makes mistakes.

I was gutted the Turks went through, I have no love what so ever for Turkish football due to an incident a few years ago involving my home town club, so when I saw them turn that game around in the last couple of minutes I was gutted.

oh well, we didnt make it, but we have a very very young team, and many say this Euro came 2 years too early, now that half of the team got contract with foreign leagues, things will hopefully improve (especially scoring !!!). I might say we didnt play a bad tournament for the Nr. 92 of the world... and the atmosphere in the country was just awesome, i am very proud of us austrians that we manage to co-host such a big event with style and friendliness!

cheers

viggen

I was gutted the Turks went through, I have no love what so ever for Turkish football due to an incident a few years ago involving my home town club, so when I saw them turn that game around in the last couple of minutes I was gutted.

Galataseray? I think a few of us have no love for the Turks, GPM. Although I can't stand Croatia either, I will be hoping they dump them out.

I was heartbroken for Big Pete. Not only did it happen to one of the world's best goalies, but it happened to one of the world's nicest guys! That's a deadly combination. I had tears in my eyes for him.

As for me - tonight I am the happiest girl on the planet! Nuff said - no need to explain. Just one thing though - tonight, Big Pete's rival for the World's Best Goalie' crown showed yet again why he is worth every euro that was spent on him.

I am too high to comment properly on the game at the mo - will get back later.

Yes your right Augusta, Buffon is proving just how good he really is at this tournament. Italy came out comfortable winners in the end. The game was pretty much a for gone conclusion when Ribery went off injured and with Abidal's sending off shortly after. The french basically didn't have a clue what to do or where to go with the ball, No creativity, no imagination, no flair. Good riddance to the dullest team in the competition!!

I just hope the Croatians turn over the dirty Turks in the next round!! :furious:

Romania played nothing tonight and we did not deserved to win against Holland's second team. We had our chance and, typically, we blow it. The dutch were a team to defeat but our players did nothing. The second half was really embarrassing and I and other in the pub applauded the second dutch goal. With this morale our team had no place there. I hope Holland will win the tournament because their team it's high in a positive way.

I cheer for Italy only when they play against south-americans so never at Euro. I did not see their game against France, but I hope if Italians play against Holland in the semifinals to see them get their revenge. I will cheer for Holland and against Italy in all other games.

I admire turkish players for their dedication and courage. They don't have a great team and the czech, that I wanted to win, were better players, but football it's a game of hearts and minds before legs. I would have loved to see romanians play in the second half like the turks did even if Holland would have won 5-0. Still I like Croatia (bleah!) best over Turkey. Holland, Portugal and Spain (not if they play like they did against Sweden) are my favorites.

Well, like the Augusta, I'm still flying high hours later. My cat's getting used to me cheering the team on in Italian...but even I was caught aback by Rivery's injury. I do hope he's not out long; the ESPN guys were saying it might even be a broken ankle. I hope not...he's a good player, and it was a freak accident. But the French team afterwards looked lost...that was a jackass play Abidal did for a red card; even I know you can't pull stunts like that in the box. I chalk that one up to still being lost after Rivery's injury.

Onto the next round...against Spain. Ooooooooooooooh boy, I've got some wagers to think about lol

I Thought the Russians looked good tonight, they're a good young team who play quick attacking football. There's a lot of money being pumped into Russian football at the moment and I think in a few years Russian football is going to be a force to be reckoned with at domestic and international level, FC Zenit St Petersburg have already won the UEFA cup this year and I think they'll be one of the contenders for the champions league next year (IMO).

Can't wait for the quarters, any one of the eight teams is capable of winning it, should be very interesting!!

GO THE NETHERLANDS! Any team that has high visibility fluorescent orange as their national color deserves to win!

I Thought the Russians looked good tonight, they're a good young team who play quick attacking football. There's a lot of money being pumped into Russian football at the moment and I think in a few years Russian football is going to be a force to be reckoned with at domestic and international level, FC Zenit St Petersburg have already won the UEFA cup this year and I think they'll be one of the contenders for the champions league next year (IMO).

Can't wait for the quarters, any one of the eight teams is capable of winning it, should be very interesting!!

The Russian played very well against a poor Swedish team. The result is a bit flattering, for us. We are out of the Euro 2008... as we should be. :furious: In a few years the Russian team will be even better, but they are in for a lesson from Holland, I think.

Now; forza gli azzurri!

Portugal 2 Germany 3

A great game and the best team won, typical Germany, just getting better as the tourny goes along, they're big and strong and can dominate other teams, Podolski and Ballack were excellent. Ballack was head and shoulders above everyone on the park tonight except maybe Deco who really didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

But what did I say in an earlier post (70) about Ricardo in goal for the Portuguese :D , I said he'd make a costly mistake and as it turned out his poor goal keeping on Ballack's goal eventually sent the Portuguese home.

I'm glad Portugal went out, too much diving, screaming and play acting for my liking!

Just hope Croatia beat the dirty Turks :furious: tomorrow night, I'm definitely getting my red and white checks out tomorrow!! :lol: