UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
longshotgene

Roman Lego Sets!

Today I was in Chicago and happened to go to the Lego store. While there I saw Medieval Lego men, Star Wars men, and for God's sake, Harry Snotter, I mean Potter Lego men. But for the life of me, I could not find a Roman Lego man. How is it that a civilization that existed for almost two thousand years (west and east), who gave us the arch, concrete, and cheap entertainment can not even earn its place of obvious respect with the Lego company? I mean almost everything else in our culture has some sort of Roman characteristic incorporated in it except Legos! If you want a Roman Lego series started, post here! I will send this list to Lego to see what can be done.

If you want a Roman Lego series started, post here! I will send this list to Lego to see what can be done.

I want a Roman Lego series!! I DEMAND a Roman Lego series! Heck, Playmobile has gotten with the program -- it's about time Lego shaped up!

-- Nephele

ladies and Gentlemen, this insult to the roman empire must be avenged! We must gather our legions and lay siege to Lego headquarters, and demand their immediate production of new citizens and bricks for our make-believe empires! Raise your placards, assemble your protestors, and march on Legoland!

Holy crap!

colosseum.jpg

Holy crap!

Great link, G-Man! I found another there. Oooo, I want to build one of these, and dedicate it to myself as the Goddess Nephele:

temple04.JPG

-- Nephele

18369531hj7.png

What the hell is that???

If that's a Roman then I'm Julius Caesar!!! It looks more like a fireman.

WE WANT ROMAN LEGO!!!! WE WANT ROMAN LEGO!!!! WE WANT ROMAN LEGO!!!!

18369531hj7.png

What the hell is that???

If that's a Roman then I'm Julius Caesar!!! It looks more like a fireman.

WE WANT ROMAN LEGO!!!! WE WANT ROMAN LEGO!!!! WE WANT ROMAN LEGO!!!!

Salve, GPM

We agree.

Well, you could always do what my brother did, when we were kids: build the stuff that's on the picture...and then create your own city!

Imagination...it's what makes the (Lego) World go 'round! :P

RIGHT!!!! After a couple of hours work, I am pleased to show preliminary pics of my response to the aggressive intrusion of the Lego company into a field jealously monopolised up to now by anoraks such as myself. Tiny Temples for Augusta, GPM and Augustus are temporarily on hold, as is, I am afraid, Nephele's luxurious villa. I even had a Curia on the drawing board for Cato, but no - this dictates a response. Here it is - preliminary stages!

30rr9eg.jpg

(Can you guess what it is yet?)

Edited by Northern Neil

An ancient Roman theatre? Nicely done! :P Any particular theatre?

-- Nephele

An ancient Roman theatre? Nicely done! :P Any particular theatre?

-- Nephele

I had the Odeon in Pompeii in mind here - a little theatre for about 1000 theatre - lovers. Keep on this thread for further developments!

Very cool odeon, NN. Look forward to seeing the Rostra spring to life as well.

BTW, isn't it odd that most of the Lego works above are all-white? The temples weren't actually monochrome, and doesn't it take more effort to pick out all white pieces anyway?

Edited by M. Porcius Cato

Its something to do with human perception and psychology (especially in youngsters who form the majority of Lego users :P ) in that a temple is supposed to be stone, so what looks like stone? Ah yes, white bricks... And picking out the appropriate colour is one of the joys of such creation and sometimes its greatest frustration....

Not that I'd know of course...

Ah yes, white bricks... And picking out the appropriate colour is one of the joys of such creation and sometimes its greatest frustration....

Not that I'd know of course...

I must say, that temple model is pretty good. It would have been slightly easier to make - without sorting all the white bricks - if it had been red or yellow for the bottom third.

sphmy1.jpg