UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Ancient Sources

I actually dread to think what would happen if he ever re-arranged Lacus Curtius.

Before I

Edited by Bill Thayer

LATO's index to Lucian links to a much more usable collection of his stuff, including the Ship of Wishes. LATO and Camden should be your first stops for Greek and Latin, respectively.

An excellent link!

By the way, concerning your last post, have you found anyone to help you/take over your site one day? I would very much not like to see it go down, I use it more or less daily.

LATO's index to Lucian links to a much more usable collection of his stuff, including the Ship of Wishes. LATO and Camden should be your first stops for Greek and Latin, respectively.

An excellent link!

By the way, concerning your last post, have you found anyone to help you/take over your site one day? I would very much not like to see it go down, I use it more or less daily.

It's the same for me. I don't know where I'd be without it!

Ian

An excellent link!

It's the same for me. I don't know where I'd be without it!

Ian

Know exactly what you mean - my IP number was on the site's banned list for some reason. (I dun nuffink, I swear guv'nor) I never realized how often I use that site until I couldn't. Fortunately some grovelling to the site techs got me restored.Do you know how hard it is to search a book copy of a text? Indexes don't hack it these days.

concerning your last post, have you found anyone to help you/take over your site one day? I would very much not like to see it go down, I use it more or less daily.

Hmm. I'm not dead quite yet.... But no, I have nothing firm. The problem is that the Web shifts so fast, that arrangements made more than six months or so ahead of time are likely to fall apart, since the site or person that offers to solve a problem may themselves have gone down. Right now the sum total of my arrangements is that my principal heir is well aware of the usefulness of the site (uses it himself), and I

Quintus of Smyrna - Posthomerica at Gutenberg and Google books (Loeb).

Edited by Klingan