UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Ancient Sources

FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THIS LIST. New posts will be incorporated into existing posts and deleted for purposes of clarity and organization.

HISTORY & BIOGRAPHY

POETRY, PHILOSOPHY AND MISCELLANY

Religion

Early Church authors and religious related material, including various works of history, church doctrine, ethics, etc.

[*]Tertullian Many early church works including, of course, Tertullian

"Church Fathers" An extensive list of church related histories and later empire historians listed in chronological order... http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/index.htm

Fragments from Victor of Capua, Aristides the Philosopher, Irenaeus, Hermias the Philosopher, Origen, Dionysius of Alexandria, Eusebius, Philostorgius, St. Ephraim the Syrian, Aphrahat, Chronography of 354, Eunomius of Cyzicus, Basil the Great, Gregory of Nyssa, Gregory Nazianzen, Gregory Thaumaturgus, Ambrose of Milan, Pacian of Barcelona, Macarius Magnes, Asterius of Amasea, Chromatius of Aquileia, Epiphanius of Salamis, Optatus of Milevis, John Chrysostom, Jerome, Augustine, Theodore of Mopsuestia, Nestorius, Cyril of Alexandria, Palladius, Rabbula, Salvian, Sidonius Apollinaris, Eugippius, Dionysius the Areopagite,

Joshua the Stylite, Jacob of Ser

Link Databases containing various ancient source materials:

In order to organize and clarify this list of links, posted additions will be incorporated into the existing posts. Discussion of any such links (inclusion, exclusion, edits, etc.) within this thread will be split at the conclusion of said discussion, in order to keep the thread clean and on topic.

Thank you to everyone who submitted various links, and my apologies for removing posts. I hope the new categorization will be useful.

Cheers!

[EDIT]

Thanks for the additions: Theiliad, P. Nonius Severus, Ludovicus, M. Porcius Cato, Nephele, Divi Filius, Flavia Gemina, Klingan, Ingsoc, P. Clodius, Melvadius, ASC, Legulieus (and to anyone else I may have missed).

Martial

There are lots more on that page though.

Pausanias travel guide

Edited by Primus Pilus

Galen On the Natural Faculties, book I, II & III

Thanks guys... I figure the strike through method of leaving the record of the original posts works better than just deleting everything...