UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Zanatos

lately I have been trying to study Mythology

But as the only resources I have are the internet, I am having a hard time finding Information on Hindu mythology, whjich is what I want to study. Does anyone know of like, an all in one mythology site?

Please and thank you.

But as the only resources I have are the internet, I am having a hard time finding Information on Hindu mythology, whjich is what I want to study. Does anyone know of like, an all in one mythology site?

Please and thank you.

Your public library will have resources not generally available on the 'net, from authoritative sources. Surely you must have access to the Houston Public Library, or one of its many branches. I suggest you start with your public library.

-- Nephele

www.themystica.com

www.probertencyclopaedia.com

www.pantheon.org

As Lady N says you should be able to find something at a library. Because Hinduism relies alot on mythology the 'Ramayana" story for example, to teach their doctrine. As there are regional variations Sticking to the generaly accepted Indian versions is advisable if all want is an introduction to it.

Please and thank you.

Your local library will have a copy of the Bhagavad Gita it is a good start. Books by Joseph Campbell frequently have hindu stories. If you like what you read then you can expand from there to the rest of the Mahabharata and onto other Upanishads. Carl Sagan's Cosmos refers to Hindu ideas about the size of the Universe and their scale of time. Of all the religions of man it is the only one that is similar to our modern understandings in that regard.

You can download or get delivered a free copy of the Bhagavad Gita for free at this site:

http://www.gita4free.com/

It is a good read!

Centurion, I see you have taken Optio Cato's lessons to heart and can now read and write. You may make primus pilus yet!

My wife and I have begun reading the Simon Scarrow books. Good stuff.